Amy K.

Good stuff, as noted.

Little nits and quibbles:

Skin looks a little oversmoothed in #3. Pants are not particularly flattering in #1 and #2, especially #2, they're bunching weirdly crotch-to-waist.

For some reason her head looks TINY in #1. Partly it's the heels extending the legs, combined with the moderately big hair covering the forehead up, but I don't think it's entirely that. I can't really put my finger on it.

Who did the styling? Whoever it was is pretty good. The makeup is interesting, especially the eyes.

These look great. Loving the shallow DOF on 3 and 4, but think 4 is the better of the two.

On 3, the position of her head is causing a funny DOF/perspective effect on the left side of her head where the pearls are. Because there is no gradual transition from in focus to out of focus before you get to the background, it looks like her forehead is poking out further than it really is.

Maybe it's just me, but 4 looks more natural because her hand separates her head from the background and is further back providing the graduation from in focus to out of focus. Other than that tiny nit-pick, they look fab! :)

Interesting! I don't think I see what you mean about her forehead looking like it's coming out further... but it's an interesting observation. I looked at it for quite some time, but maybe I just don't see it cause I'm the one that took it, haha. But thanks for your feedback! :sillysmi:

The images look nice, but it seems you have removed almost all texture of the skin. Now it reminds more of some Surface Blur filter on the skin.

No surface blur at all, haha. I haven't blurred skin to smooth for over a year, haha.

Thanks for your feedback, but hold that thought, I'll get to this after the next quote... :lol:

Good stuff, as noted.

Little nits and quibbles:

Skin looks a little oversmoothed in #3. Pants are not particularly flattering in #1 and #2, especially #2, they're bunching weirdly crotch-to-waist.

For some reason her head looks TINY in #1. Partly it's the heels extending the legs, combined with the moderately big hair covering the forehead up, but I don't think it's entirely that. I can't really put my finger on it.

Who did the styling? Whoever it was is pretty good. The makeup is interesting, especially the eyes.

Wardrobe styling was me... hair and makeup is a local gal I know named Shawnnah Jade. It was also her idea to put the pearls in her hair rather than around her neck or... somewhere else. :lol:

OKAY... about the skin...

Not trying to be argumentative, and I'm not disagreeing with you if you think I over-smoothed... but there's definitely skin texture in these, haha.

100% crops of all 4 shots (If you click them, they load larger):

$IMG_8255.jpg

$IMG_8162.jpg

$IMG_8349.jpg

$IMG_8358.jpg

Again, if it's just your opinion that I over-smoothed... you are absolutely welcome to have that opinion... I just wanted to show the 100% crops to show that I didn't just blur over everything. :sexywink:

#1 is hawt. Does she live near us? ;)

HAHA Where in Bucks "Jeff"?

All of these are phenomenal. What about a little tighter on #4?

thanks ^_^

A tighter crop could possibly work. These have long been posted though, so I probably won't change it now, but it's something to consider for next time :sillysmi:

Again, thanks everyone for your feedback! It's always appreciated! :hug::

Bump, cause I'm curious to hear more about the skin smoothing after posting the 100% crops. :)

The "oversmoothing" I am seeing was on the gentle end of "over" and it could certainly be due to the forum or my browser doing.. something JPEGgy? The 100% crops look good to me, but I'm not an expert on this stuff. I look, I see, I react, I type, that's all. Not too much on the technical details.

There are just some people that when I see they've posted something up I know I am going to enjoy what I see...... Your work is always something I like to see.

Tony S said:
There are just some people that when I see they've posted something up I know I am going to enjoy what I see...... Your work is always something I like to see.

Aww thanks Tony!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back