Amy

mrodgers

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been here nearly a year, and I don't post photos. I hang out gathering information and learning from the Beginner's, Beyond Basics, and Digital sections. So, it's about time I start visiting the galleries and posting my own.

So, I got a new puppy last month. I've been shooting her since we got her. This is probably my best shot I've ever taken since getting my camera based on image quality, sharpness, bokeh, etc.

Feel free to comment, critique, tell me it's great, or tear it apart. I wasn't sure to put this in the "just for fun" section or here. But if there is critique to be had, I figured it would be better here.

Fuji S5700 superzoom
Aperture priority, 1/850s, f/3.5, ISO 100, EV -1
20081026AmyDSCF7452.jpg

And for S&G's, this is our other pet.

Fuji S5700
Aperture priority, 1/1000s, f/3.5, ISO 64, EV -1
20080428DSCF4219.jpg

Great shots, but I would have cropped them bigger. (more room on top of dogs head, don't cut kitties ears )

Thanks, and you're right. I recropped the pup and put more space above her head and it did look a bit better.

As for kitty, well, nothing I can do there. I cut off her ears when I shot her (that just sounds so bad....) I was going in close to her face on purpose. But it could probably be better with ears. I have to remember to leave room for cropping just a bit. My camera is 4:3 and I like to crop landscapes at the more standard 3:2 and portrait orientation at 3:5 for displaying on the net.

Most reactions

Back