What's new

An afternoon at the boatyard

libeco

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Location
Netherlands
This afternoon I went to my fathers 'yacht' (sailing boat, not that big really) at the boatyard after it was put back into the water after a winter on land. I saw some old machinery, rust spots all around an many roaps. Usually I don't really like black & white, only with high contrast, high-key and low-key I seem to like them, but I thought this was worth a try.

Now I have no idea how they are, I just used PS' channel mixer and played around with the red green and blue value until I got something which seemed nice to me. But what do you guys think?

In the meanwhile there were some birds there aswell, just safe shots I guess... :lol:

1
20070517171640_2007_05_17--14_12_22--2797.jpg


2
20070517171820_2007_05_17--14_13_25--2799.jpg


3
20070517171936_2007_05_17--14_22_34--2815.jpg


4
20070517172110_2007_05_17--14_23_26--2818.jpg


5
20070517172219_2007_05_17--14_28_34--2833.jpg


6
20070517172335_2007_05_17--14_35_18--2878.jpg


7
20070517172508_2007_05_17--14_42_50--2902.jpg
 
Well the bird shots are really good. :)
I really like #2 and #6, nice contrast and tones in these two images, and nice compostitions.
I'm not keen on the others. #1 is just way too bright, nice subject though.
I don't like #3, I really don't know why either. Just something bugs me about it.
And I don't think the abstractedness works in #7 because of the lack of real focal point, however the DOF does something that rescues the picture a little.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom