An album I bought just for the cover!

c.cloudwalker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, music threads have not been very popular lately so let's try a twist..

Tell me about an album (vinyl or CD) you bought just because of the cover. Then tell me whether you enjoyed it or were totally disappointed, lol. Add as much detail either way as you want.

Let me start, of course.

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/beck-odelay2.jpg

This is one I bought just for the cover. The only reason is that I had the exact same dog at the time and I was too lazy to try and re-create the picture. I think I stopped shooting him when he was about 10 months old :(

I ended up liking the music but I never bought another one by this artist, lol.

Hmmmmm......I don't know that I ever bought a CD just because of a cover.....lol Let me see if I can come up w/ at least a memorable cover.....=)

Hmmmmm......I don't know that I ever bought a CD just because of a cover.....lol Let me see if I can come up w/ at least a memorable cover.....=)

Really? You must be even weirder that I know you... lol.

Ok, you can slap me now.

Back when I bought CD's I didn't have the money to just buy $15 Cds just because they looked pretty...lol

Don't tell me I'm going to teach a woman how to shop...

I never paid more than a couple bucks for a CD or a vinyl just by shopping in used record stores. My best deal was in Frostburg, MD when I bought out the vinyl stock of a store that was closing. Cost me about 25 cents a piece. And I didn't even look at the covers, lol.

I actually do this all the time, usually at thrift stores and used music stores. I got an awesome album this way - a local experimental group called The John Doe Movement. One of my absolute favorite albums!

I've found though that 70's records don't hardly ever work out well with this premiss, though.

--

I had that beck album in highschool!

I actually miss LP's.. just because of the large cover, and the many inserts / booklets that some albums had. (Yea.. I am dating myself. :p )

One album I bought way back in '75 primarily because of the cover was Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. I had already heard some of the music (someone saved my life tonight) on the radio.. so I checked out the album. The Escher like geometrics, and all of the strange creatures and such... I was hooked. And there was a ton of cool stuff inside also.. a lot of photos, lyrics and stories.... Cool stuff!

Elton_John_-_Captain_Fantastic_and_the_Brown_Dirt_Cowboy.jpg

There have been others.. but that is the first one I remember.....

Tool's 10,000 Days comes with stereopscopic 3D glasses, and the ehtire book can be viewed in 3D...that might be the best album art I've ever seen.

$tool_10000days_flickr.jpg

That being said, I wouldn't have bought it if I wasn't already a fan. Seems kind of silly to buy an album of music for the cover picture...

I had that beck album in highschool!
In highschool? I always thought you were older than that...lol. When did that come out again...? Mid to late 90's, right?

Most reactions

Back