An another try at backlight *Ana*

cauzimme

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first try with Chastity was a bit aggressive with the flare. So I gave it an another try.
I think the BW turn out better.

Different type of edits too.

15211648_10157836911955010_496271690_n.jpg

15094349_10157836805620010_3419881901824586405_n.jpg

15094982_10157831963720010_6261518621486799493_n.jpg

15135498_10157836734830010_2016907185_n.jpg

Nice set; that last one is wonderful!
Oh thanks, I wasn't sure about the last 2 one.
Especially the last one, I rarely change my ratio when cropping, I can't explain why. And I tried it this time. Since the original was in landscape format and there was too much space on the left.

Quite nice.
TBH, chastity is way down on my list as an adjective with these photos.
Very alluring without being in the least sleazy.

Nice subjects, poses and locations, but the backgrounds on all but one are blown out badly. Try exposing for the background and then fill for the subject to try to warm up the image some more and get back some detail in the background when the subject is that close to it.

Lovely work. My suggestions at edits or tweaks:

1. The wall paper pattern for #1 and #4 is distracting to me. There is just enough showing to make you wonder "does my monitor need cleaning?" I'd clone it all out and make it a blank white backdrop (my 2 cents).

2. I particularly like #4. So easy for that hand to sink down in to the soft bed and she becomes an amputee at the wrist. Lovely model, lovely pose, lovely result. for instance, you see the opposite result in #1.

3. For shot #1, I'd like to see that in color. I love transparent lingerie like a baby doll. But what happens here is that b/c the shadow and dark range is so dark, it adds inches to her. Rather than a filmy hint at what lays behind the cloth, she initially looks heavier. I think color may fix that issue.

4. One other posing hint: for #1, have her bring that left thigh up higher so the knee isn't pointed right at the camera. It will reduce foreshortening, it will make her thigh a little broader and the resulting pose is (IMHO) far more dynamic and beautiful for the vast majority of models.

Lovely work--you're doing some great stuff.

Nice subjects, poses and locations, but the backgrounds on all but one are blown out badly. Try exposing for the background and then fill for the subject to try to warm up the image some more and get back some detail in the background when the subject is that close to it.

At least on the first couple, the BG is blown and details lost. I'd be shooting manual to handle something like this, as you most likely are. Bring it down a stop and fill where necessary. Subject and everything else is just fine ;)

More fill-in lighting might be helpful, as several have mentioned. The blacks in shots 1, 2, and 4 are very dark, yet the lighting shown ought to be light and ethereal. it seems like the Maximum D-max in the blacks is just a little too dark, and the highlight values are pretty bright. I think that is why shot #4 has skin tone that looks rather gray in the mid-tones; the lighting's contrast ratio was very high, indicating that maybe a bit more fill-in light would have been helpful.

I wasn't sure if it was okay full blown background, and it actually look better IMHO
Any thought ?

DSC_0083 copy.jpg

I wasn't sure if it was okay full blown background, and it actually look better IMHO
Any thought ?

View attachment 130733

Well, my bias is to go with the full blownout options. My way of thinking is: you either want the background visible or you want to eliminate a hinted distraction. So with it partially showing, it bugs me. But then maybe I'm weird. So I like it as if you had some white seamless paper behind your model.

Oh...and damn she's lovely...and your poses and shots do her justice. Well done.

I know I'm odd ball out here, but I love the blown BG, it gives them a dreamy feel I really like. But make sure the whole BG is blown, if I can see any of the BG it kills the effect. But you can easily clone anything like that out.

She is a gorgeous model, and you did an outstanding job. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back