What's new

An attempt at a promotional image- HELP NEEDED

Snakeguy101

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
717
Reaction score
63
Location
Gainesville
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am really struggling with this shot. I have been hired to take some images of a product to be used for the website etc. that shows all of the items included and gives the veiwer a sense of what the product is for. I am working in a small space and with rather large items and am having a lot of problems with the composition. I was wondering if I could get your opinion on these and advice on the composition. Thanks a ton!



 
OK, here's my impression, and since I know nothing, I am not encumbered by facts, or experience.

Simplify this by putting related things together

It bothers me that all the items are at odd angles and not vertical
Move the fake rock back so it is darker and OOF
I think box is good

I have no idea what the box (1a) that is attached to 1 - or what 1 actually is (a smoker?)- and I would rotate or rearrange the items so that the box part is less prominent
Perhaps the chips should be in a small pile in front of the smoker (?) to simplify the picture.

Relate the sparker (2) to the torch rather than anything else.

So you end up with two groupings - smoker/chips and torch/sparker close together with rock way in background and box in closer background.
 

Attachments

  • $8098860385_5cdaa1285f_bllllllllllll.webp
    $8098860385_5cdaa1285f_bllllllllllll.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 154
Agree 100% with Lew's comments. My first question however is: Is the torch & striker really necessary? My thinking is that the shot would be a lot stronger with more apiculturally related items; hat/gloves, hive etc. The box and tree trunks make no sense to me in this context.

As well, you really have to sort out your lighting. Customers do NOT want to see the photographer's reflection in their product. This is going to be a challenging item to light well, and you're probably going to have spend some time in the pixel room cloning and healing.
 
And if that url isn't functional, make certain it isn't visible.

And that a smoker to handle bees!
I am a dunce.

yes, gloves, hat, mask all would fit.
In an oof background and you can dump the rock.
 
The products desperately need more light from the front. The shapes of the smoker and the propane cylinder are not reading very well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom