What's new

An autumn day and my car

CraigWoody

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 7, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Horley, Surrey
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!
This is my first post on the forum, i haven't been doing photography long but i've had good feedback for my images. Let me know what you think :) $MX5-front-on.webp$MX5-back.webp$MX5-front.webp$One-man-and-his-friends-car.webp
 
Welcome to the forum, CraigWoody!
 
Thank you! I'll try and upload images daily to get some feedback.
 
I like the shots. One thing to look at, try to get separation between the car and the background. The car seems to want to blend into the background.
 
Welcome! Agreed with the blending, though I think a lot of that is clean black car + background. I think your angles were great, but the lower right hand shot is a bit high. Looks like you're off to a good start though!
 
The composition really isn't there and 1 & 3 are out of focus. #1 had the most potential, but the car is unlit and your eye focuses in on the lighted background and you miss the car completely. Had you moved the car into that clearing on the road, I think you could ended up with some better shots, there's be less reflection from trees on the windshield, and the car would have a more uniform light source. I suggest a CPL filter next time too.



Curious: why did you cut holes in the fascia in front of the bumper support? There's no airflow through them--if you wanted more airflow through the radiator, remove the mesh screen blocking airflow. Not to mention your license plate covers one of the holes...
 
cheers for the advice, i totally agree with the blending. I just need some nice weather to get out again.

Curious: why did you cut holes in the fascia in front of the bumper support? There's no airflow through them--if you wanted more airflow through the radiator, remove the mesh screen blocking airflow. Not to mention your license plate covers one of the holes...

well its my first attempt so they will get better. But i quite like the reflection of the trees on the window.

I know its stupid, the front bumper was like it when i got it. The kid who had it before me was a bit of a retard, but i'm not willing to spend £100 on a new bumper yet, as im saving for a turbo.
 
IMO, number one is your best shot of the bunch. Good color, perhaps needs a bit of work on the car posing. The car gets lost in the background in number two, and the rest just don't stand up.

Welcome to the forum!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom