an experience and photos from today morning...

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just got back after shooties...
so heres what happened...
a photographer friend and i went out to shoot a while back... we were headed towards this temple where theres a lot of street people lined up outside.. thought it may be an interesting catch... before the temple, walked thru a wholesellers flower market...
now ... once we were outside the temple... i was interacting with and shooting 2 children...
suddenly... this man appears out of no where and starts abusing me like crazy! this other photog friend saw what was happening and we decided to walk away from the situation... he started following us, ranting and raving... swearing... and then started throwing water and stones towards us:meh: :confused: he was kind of mentally unstable... but it was freaky... he followed us for a while.. till we jumped into the car and a few people had to tell him off.. phew... the cameras, my friend and i made it back unhurt.. moral of the story.. if you're going to be shooting people and fall into a situation of the sorts.. just walk away... or alert people...

here are the pics from the flower market... didnt get anything out of the temple...

193123917_e5a0874e5c_o.jpg

193123919_ab02514d9d_o.jpg

193123920_f5c54c9576_o.jpg

a thrilling start to the day:mrgreen: phew... now i must get to work!
thank you for looking... :D

THAT would have frightened me and I doubt I'd have been able to just walk away like that ... but what else would I have done? And to be thinking that I am always on my own, never with another friend who does the photographing with me... :shock: Oh dear.

And the pics of the two children did not even come out??

But the flower market did nicely. The overall atmosphere is there and I like it. Same applies to the open-air hairdresser. I like that one even a bit better, maybe because this is something that I would never see where I live.

And whenever I see people squat in the way that elderly man does in your middle picture I wonder how they can DO it, and for prolonged periods of time even! Even though I CAN squat with my feet squarely on the ground, I could never do it for LONG ... all too soon I'd fall onto my backside... ;)

Don't be frightened we are here for you :hugs:

Love the phots though but that second shot is great, its just so different from where I live

Oh.. Im glad you are OK, mansi.. Yep, the moral here should be to walk away if someone bothers you. I very much agree..

The pics.. I love all your work, and these are no different. The last two are so "mansi", and so different from anything I see here in the north. I smile every time I see a new post from you, and you never disapoint me, though the head story in this post was a bit frightening.

I always name a favorite, and this time it will be #2.
:)

glad your ok mansi..... well you best be ok for his sake :er: .... or his stone throwing days would be over! :hugs: ..... na, theres not much i could do from here im affraid.... apart from maybe phone him up and abuse him :lol:

Anywho..... these are awesome..... love 2 & 3..... great tones and perspectives... good to see some more mansi pics. :thumbsup:

comje lets :hug:: :hugs: :hug:: :hugs:
but the pics lokks so nice, the second one is my fav ... great perspektive

A very good move on your part....just keep walking away, best course of action.

Nice shots, I always enjoy photos when theres a story involved.

A very good Indian friend living and working here may be taking a trip back to New Dehli to visit his parents and he has invited me to accompany him.....If that happens I'd look forward to meeting you if that were possible. I'll let you know how the plans progress.

Paul

I like how you've composed the first one.

thanks so much all of you for the great comments! :D
Corinna - i was lucky to have a friend around... but the guy was going for me...i guess walking away was the best thing to do... could have turned into an ugly situation... i did get a pic of the kids... but its real bad hence im not going to post it... thanks sso much for the comments :)
Thanks LP :hugs:
Foffen... thaaaaaaaaank you so much!
Arch.... thnkie :hugs: i guess he's homeless.. poor thing :( feel bad for him
thanks mo, funky and dan!
Paul.... let me know of your plans! would be cool to meet and maybe shoot...keep me posted

thanks everyone for comenting.. i guess for whatever it was worth ... DAMN, it was SO good to get out onto the streets... exhilerating to say the least! even if it was short lived ;)

Love the shots Mansi. Awesome as always. All of these are great, but I gotta pic the second as my fave.
Im so glad you made it out o.k

One reason I dont take many street shots, is for that reason. People seem to just snap at the site of a camera. I had one a few weeks back, as I was taking a shot of a building, and he was walking towards me. Started to rant that he did not want his picture taken.. I just said...get out of the way then. He was about 5'5" , and im 6'1" so it ended pretty quick.
I think maybe he was wanted for something.
Just be careful out there....k?

sweet shots Mansi, I love the barber shop pic, awesome! Glad you are ok, and be careful out there!! I took many street pics in the Philippines, and had no problems with anyone (other then a few dirty looks from snotty women), and most people there love to be photographed, especially the children, and they love to see the pic right away!

We leave for Phils on Sept 18, for 10 days, and I am meeting a world famous nature photog there for a couple of shoots.. Can't Wait!!!!

Fantastic photos, Mansi! I'm glad you were okay and that you had someone with you. The first is my favorite, but they are all superb.

Most reactions

Back