An interesting find on a tripod.

Ill get some today for yall. I have been busy and had a crapy week. Anywho pics to come today

Here is a bunch. LOL they are not very good. Just grabbed my camera and shot a couple. I did not even notice that the white balance was not set for inside my house. LOL anywho here ya go.

Took this 1st picture to show the size of the head. That is a Sigma 50-150 f/2.8 just got it in from KEH after the first one went missing...
DSC_7082.jpg

DSC_7081.jpg

DSC_7078.jpg

DSC_7076.jpg

DSC_7075.jpg

DSC_7074.jpg

Looks like a fine travel tripod. If I didn't already have 2 I'd get one.

That looks nice for the price. The fact that it can get low interests me. I dont quite understand the head, though. Could you elaborate how that works a bit more?

Also, on a side note, what are your thoughts on the 50-150 sigma?

Mark

Wish I had some pics of the 200 f/2 on it. Its a beast.

I love the sigma. = a 70-200 on a crop and very sharp. HSM focuses nice and fast and they can be had for very good price. I one of ebay and the guy was trying to scam me and then when I got my money back I got one from KEH. I got it for 415.

The head is a pretty basic ball head. One knob for fine adjustments and one for basic movement. another knob for panning. There is a compass on the tripod as well as a bubble level. The tripod head comes with on basic dovetail quick release plate. Fits nice and snug. The tripod as you can see has a center column that has a tightener in the middle to move it up and down and on the bottom it has a hook for a bag.

Feel free to ask anything else you might like to know. I like it and for the price cannot believe it. I might buy another one as a backup now!

The crazy thing is I had a ball head before that was about the same but I paid about double the price. The head alone is worth the 49 I paid for everything. I thinking about getting two more and using them for light stans instead of the lightweight stands I had before. I think these could manage an alien bee with softbox just fine. And at 49 it is nearly cheaper than other comparable light stands.

I wish I could get one of those in Europe... Heh, gotta find another one for me :grumpy:

What is the minimum height of this pod, approximately? I was looking at this one as well and it has an impressive minimum height of 11". I can't see it being very sturdy, however. This particular photo interests me. I do alot of macro work and something like this is very interesting to me. What do you think (about the second one in particular)?

Mark

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The first one works for me. Ill see if I can find the second one again. I was counting on the link to work to come back to it :lol:. Sorry about that.

Most reactions

Back