What's new

Ancient megalithic monument

KristerP

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 2, 2009
Messages
123
Reaction score
11
Location
Sweden
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken a couple of years ago. The driver, my brother took a wrong turn that made us reach our destination an hour later than expected - and were we lucky as this resulted in us being greeted by the wonderful late lighting. The location is Ale Stones at Kåseberga in Skåne (The southermost region of Sweden). - This is not HDR btw.

ale1.jpg


ale2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Oh yes, lucky yous that your brother first took the wrong turn!!! The light you had when you finally arrived WAS very in your favour, indeed! But very! Lovely light.

I didn't even know you had such ancient stones anywhere in Skåne ... but then I must admit we didn't really look for such sights when we spent our holidays there in 2002.

The framing you chose is ENORMOUS...
 
Oh yes, lucky yous that your brother first took the wrong turn!!! The light you had when you finally arrived WAS very in your favour, indeed! But very! Lovely light.

I didn't even know you had such ancient stones anywhere in Skåne ... but then I must admit we didn't really look for such sights when we spent our holidays there in 2002.

The framing you chose is ENORMOUS...

Thanks!

haha about the framing - I agree - It was due to the fact that I made some posters of it for an exhibition (these and some viking-stuff) - and as I had little knowledge of where to have them made I was left to a place where A-formats (A4,A3 and so forth) was the only option. (But I will crop them in a couple of minutes and reup them)

There are many similar (although not as big) sites in the region.
 
There! framing cropped :)
 
Ah well, next time I'll be in your country (7 - 21 June) it won't be anywhere near there, as we're going to be on Gotland. That island should be filled with photo opportunities en masse, too, I assume.

And hey. Nice like this! :D Without the enormous black border on top and bottom.
 
Ah well, next time I'll be in your country (7 - 21 June) it won't be anywhere near there, as we're going to be on Gotland. That island should be filled with photo opportunities en masse, too, I assume.

And hey. Nice like this! :D Without the enormous black border on top and bottom.

Ah! Gotland - although I have not been there myself (yet) it's famous for its history and scenery - do not miss the Rauk rock formations (ought to make super slow-shutter speed panoramas)

Rauk ? Wikipedia
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom