Android camera app

Drake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There must be at least a few android users here on TPF. I was wondering what camera app are you guys using on your smartphones. Yeah, I know, it's just a phone, blah blah blah. But since it is sometimes the only camera I have with me, why not make it as good as possible?

I've seen some app comparisons, but you probably all know what's the problem. 'This camera app is the best, it let's me take this cool vintage style photos'. 'This app is useless, there's no zoom!' Their criteria are a bit different than our, and that's why I am asking you. Do you have your favourite? Or are you simply not bothered, because they're all the same? The output from my LG's default camera app is way oversharpened, and the noise reduction blurs literally all the detail every time the lighting conditions are worse than excellent. I am not expecting this phone to deliver the IQ of a P&S, but looking at my previous cameraphones, it could be a bit better than it is now.

There must be at least a few android users here on TPF. I was wondering what camera app are you guys using on your smartphones. Yeah, I know, it's just a phone, blah blah blah. But since it is sometimes the only camera I have with me, why not make it as good as possible?

I've seen some app comparisons, but you probably all know what's the problem. 'This camera app is the best, it let's me take this cool vintage style photos'. 'This app is useless, there's no zoom!' Their criteria are a bit different than our, and that's why I am asking you. Do you have your favourite? Or are you simply not bothered, because they're all the same? The output from my LG's default camera app is way oversharpened, and the noise reduction blurs literally all the detail every time the lighting conditions are worse than excellent. I am not expecting this phone to deliver the IQ of a P&S, but looking at my previous cameraphones, it could be a bit better than it is now.
Camera 360 is a pretty good app so far

I have an app on my Android (I forgot the name) which tells me, based on location, when the golden hour is happening. Sunrise and sunset.

I have an app on my Android (I forgot the name) which tells me, based on location, when the golden hour is happening. Sunrise and sunset.
Sounds like a pretty useful one. Can you share the name of this app?

As for the camera app, I've tested a few and found out, that the output is pixel to pixel identical as from the default app. I have no idea how it works in other Android devices, but in my LG it seems like the default camera app overrides every important camera setting.

OK, it's called Golden Pic and it comes in two versions, the Lite, which is free and the regular one for a small fee. I have the free one and it does the job nicely.

The free version, GoldenPic Lite lets gives you the Sunrise, sunset, Golden Hours, Blue Hours, Weather and provides two ways to change your location.

The full version, GoldenPic gives you the same features, except it provides 5 ways to change your location, it allows you to save your favorite GPS coordinates (to recall and map to at a later date), and you can email the data. Good if you need to plan ahead and prepare for a photoshoot.

Most reactions

Back