Angel Of The North

jinjoh_ninjoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
So I was in newcastle and couldn't resist getting a picture of the famous Angel Of The North.
C+C's welcome
d536f339b5de802d2bd6fb05171f02af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
So I was in newcastle and couldn't resist getting a picture of the famous Angel Of The North.
C+C's welcome
d536f339b5de802d2bd6fb05171f02af.jpg

It's VERY noisy, what were your settings?
There is loss of detail, and some colour distortions.
I like how you have utilised the "rule of thirds", and I like the framing of the arms of the statue and the foreground.
:)

I think it's the program I used to upload it from my laptop to my phone as it was clear on my laptop, I will double check when I get home.

I think it's the program I used to upload it from my laptop to my phone as it was clear on my laptop, I will double check when I get home.

Maybe if it were pixels.....but its not, it's noise. Which is practically permanent in a photo once is occurs.

Maybe if it were pixels.....but its not, it's noise. Which is practically permanent in a photo once is occurs.

I have re looked at the picture and resolved the noise issue hope this is better.
3f9cd84980e999ec1ae78c8dfd289f1c.jpg

It isn't perfect but I think it's a lot better than the first.
I think it was an issue whilst editing in which the noise occurred.

I prefer the noisy version myself, but then I grew up in the era of grainy color print film...and Tri-X for B&W, so I was conditioned to "see the image", despite the structural makeup of the image also being visible. Removing the noise just softens up the image, the subject, and lowers the feeling of realism. So, honestly, I PREFER the first version.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back