Angel

seakritter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heaven must be missing an angel, 16 all grown up and nowhere to go.

$image-1276434199.jpg

$image-747315598.jpg

$image-1276434199.jpg

$image-3799628701.jpg

$image-3814667311.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Last edited:
They have some great potential, but some are overexposed in areas and they seem to be overdone in photoshop. Her skin is alien in that she has no lines or texture or anything. It is too smoothe. :)

Way too contrasty, way to over processesed! Plastic skin doesn't look good!

cloud9imagery said:
They have some great potential, but some are overexposed in areas and they seem to be overdone in photoshop. Her skin is alien in that she has no lines or texture or anything. It is too smoothe. :)

Thank for your input , I truly value it. I was going for such a look, her skin is extremely pale. I have less processed versions of the pics. I was inspired by a series of pics, that I enjoyed. I was going for a high contrast mono look, the background is meant to be devoid of color. She is a fan of the twilight series, City of bones and other such books, like most girls her age. She also suffers from a low self esteem from a very troubled home life. I was going for less detail and a more fantasy look, perhaps I still failed in my efforts. This is not meant to be an attempt to make excuses , after all we are all here to learn and grow. I just want to let you know my thoughts. Thank you once again for your input. I would be glad to post less pressed versions of her pics.

"As I Wander"

Does this look a little better. I shot these on the spur of the moment with only the aid of natural lighting (almost high noon). I didn't even have my flash with. I came over to her 16th birthday party while I was out working. She seemed so sad, so I took her over to a field across the street to help cheer her up, and to show her that she truly is an beautiful girl. She loved the pictures, I know they may not be as good as they could be, but I made her day.

"As I Wander"

Attachments

• $image-409459227.jpg
    $image-409459227.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 77
  • $image-2345903036.jpg
    $image-2345903036.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 95
  • $image-570840675.jpg
    $image-570840675.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 88
  • $image-1604825707.jpg
    $image-1604825707.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I also did some other fantasy effects for her such as these

"As I Wander"

Attachments

• $image-4274587271.jpg
    $image-4274587271.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 82
  • $image-3370525811.jpg
    $image-3370525811.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 99
I will add one more detail about her skin, it it pale and pretty smooth except for the normal acne that she has, which I gladly removed.

"As I Wander"

Attachments

• $image-2999928051.jpg
    $image-2999928051.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 103
  • $image-4249039917.jpg
    $image-4249039917.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 81
Any thoughts about the original versions of the pics?

"As I Wander"

cloud9imagery said:

Thank for your input , I truly value it. I was going for such a look, her skin is extremely pale. I have less processed versions of the pics. I was inspired by a series of pics, that I enjoyed. I was going for a high contrast mono look, the background is meant to be devoid of color. She is a fan of the twilight series, City of bones and other such books, like most girls her age. She also suffers from a low self esteem from a very troubled home life. I was going for less detail and a more fantasy look, perhaps I still failed in my efforts. This is not meant to be an attempt to make excuses , after all we are all here to learn and grow. I just want to let you know my thoughts. Thank you once again for your input. I would be glad to post less pressed versions of her pics.

"As I Wander"

It is always a good idea to give us an explanation when you post a shot that is outside the norm. Why you did it, your rationale, etc...! Otherwise we have no way of knowing why you did what you did, and will usually attribute such things to mistakes (as we see a lot of those! lol!)

She is a lovely girl.. very pretty! The whole teenage "Angst" thing is very difficult sometimes, and also hard to convey in images. I really do like the last two of the four you posted in post #6 above....skin like that is hard to light as it can get so contrasty.

Have you tried them in B&W or sepia? That usually goes over well with the goth/twighlight/vampire fans. Given the reasoning I can see why you processed as you did.

I find the ones where the light is unbalanced on her face (bright on the left, shadowed on the right) create the optical illusion that her nose is bent to the side.

It's pretty clear that this was an experiment, to me, so I'm just going to tell you my reaction to the experiment. It's interesting, and you have created a kind of ethereal feel. Both look of the light and the teenaged expression she's got lend to an air of mystery. There's a hint of Mona Lisa in here, I think. In general, though, I find the experimental nature a little too aggressive, I find that it's getting between me and the feeling you seem to be trying to convey. I am generally prejudiced against strong and obvious post-processing effects, so this problem is at least partly in me.

I like #5 the best, since the tree branches behind her are pushed a little out of focus, and are a little ambiguous. Without the context of the other photos, we'd be unsure what they are, they could be industrial or organic or.. something else. The processing here is as strong as anywhere, but I find it somehow less intrusive. It's possible that the ambiguity of the background helps here. Since we have less sense of what the light SHOULD be (we can tell it's probably doctored sunlight in the first few) we're less sure of how much you've whacked it in photoshop. It's a theory, anyways. Also, I like her expression best in that one, a slightly sadder or angrier or.. something.. look.

amolitor said:
I find the ones where the light is unbalanced on her face (bright on the left, shadowed on the right) create the optical illusion that her nose is bent to the side.

It's pretty clear that this was an experiment, to me, so I'm just going to tell you my reaction to the experiment. It's interesting, and you have created a kind of ethereal feel. Both look of the light and the teenaged expression she's got lend to an air of mystery. There's a hint of Mona Lisa in here, I think. In general, though, I find the experimental nature a little too aggressive, I find that it's getting between me and the feeling you seem to be trying to convey. I am generally prejudiced against strong and obvious post-processing effects, so this problem is at least partly in me.

I like #5 the best, since the tree branches behind her are pushed a little out of focus, and are a little ambiguous. Without the context of the other photos, we'd be unsure what they are, they could be industrial or organic or.. something else. The processing here is as strong as anywhere, but I find it somehow less intrusive. It's possible that the ambiguity of the background helps here. Since we have less sense of what the light SHOULD be (we can tell it's probably doctored sunlight in the first few) we're less sure of how much you've whacked it in photoshop. It's a theory, anyways. Also, I like her expression best in that one, a slightly sadder or angrier or.. something.. look.

Thank you for you honest evaluation of my work, the one thing I didn't change was the sunlight, it is as they were shot. Your correct in the look I was going for with her kind of a grown up mystery yet still innocence of youth look, a look of Mona Lisa mixed with a bit of the Madonna. Once again thank you.

"As I Wander"

cgipson1 said:
It is always a good idea to give us an explanation when you post a shot that is outside the norm. Why you did it, your rationale, etc...! Otherwise we have no way of knowing why you did what you did, and will usually attribute such things to mistakes (as we see a lot of those! lol!)

Thank you for take a second look, and your thoughts. I am learn that it truly helps to express what you intended in your work on here. Especially when presenting work out of the ordinary. Thanks again I truly value your input.

"As I Wander"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back