Anniversary Gifts -- Need help from TPF ladies!

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Our 14th wedding anniversary is coming up in a few weeks. To be honest, I don't think that I need to "top" myself every year on what I buy, especially when you consider there is also Valentine's Day and Christmas to consider. If I had to buy increasingly expensive jewelry every February, June and December, I'd quickly go broke. :(

How does one go about choosing the "correct" gift for a wedding anniversary?

The traditional 14th anniversary gift is made from Ivory. I don't see the need (or the desire) to own something made from ivory. I think my wife would agree.

I was considering the following: Ruby and Diamond Infinity Pendant in 18k White Gold (0.06 ct. tw.) - Blue Nile

Ladies, would you consider this to be an "appropriate" gift for a 14th wedding anniversary?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I wouldnt be asking the ladies. I would be asking the one and only.... bitterjeweller! Come on now!

I wouldnt be asking the ladies. I would be asking the one and only.... bitterjeweller! Come on now!

Bitter is hard to get hold of and doesn't he make everything custom? My anniversary is on 6/20. That's a quick turnaround time. Maybe I'll PM him.

I think the fact that you are thinking about it weeks beforehand and carefully considering what SHE would want speaks volumes. I suspect she'll love whatever you pick, because she knows you didn't just rush out that morning, or the night before, and buy something just to have something to give her. She's a lucky woman to have someone who loves her enough to put this much thought into the gift.

I honestly never much cared WHAT the gift was--real diamonds or cubic zirconium, two dozen red roses or some colorful mums, some expensive toy I'd wanted or something much simpler--when I knew that it had been picked out with love and great consideration for what would please me.

On the other hand, I never had much experience with that kind of well-thought-out gift from a spouse, so what do I know?? I was married to a guy who, on my very FIRST mother's day as a mom myself, called his own mother but neglected to do a single thing for ME for Mother's Day, including even saying the words "Happy Mother's Day." Scary thing is, that's only a small part of why he is an "Ex." :lmao:

Yeah i agree with sm4him its really the thought that counts. But take into consideration what she already has, what does she always have on (Ex. I always rememeber to put in earrings she may always have on a bracelet) and try to notice her favorite jewerly piece and get something that shares some factors.

But what you picked out is very nice & simple. You can never go wrong with diamonds ;)

Happy early anniversary!

If you would like my opinion, I would suggest ditching the cliche.
Instead I suggest this: Three-Stone Ruby and Diamond Pendant in 18k White Gold (0.14 ct. tw.) - Blue Nile

It is elegant, and simple, and is nice worn casually, or formally.

You shouldn't always try to one up your gifts. Especially for the lessor holidays. Take it to another level on the more special event's, like say, your 15th, and 20th anniversary. That's where, for jewelery, going the custom route is quite effective.

J did contact me, and unfortunately, I can't help him out. Custom work takes time, and guys like to wait till the last minute. I'm guilty of that as well.
Also unfortunately for me, I am so busy I repeatedly have to turn away customers. It's a blessing and a curse. It's also the nature of my business, doing work for quite a few area retail stores, that they come first.

I'd like to hear the ladies oipions on the heart pendant vs. the drop pendant. I feel a lot of what is popular (recent slew of heart pendants) is simply marketing.

If you would like my opinion, I would suggest ditching the cliche.
Instead I suggest this: Three-Stone Ruby and Diamond Pendant in 18k White Gold (0.14 ct. tw.) - Blue Nile

It is elegant, and simple, and is nice worn casually, or formally.

You shouldn't always try to one up your gifts. Especially for the lessor holidays. Take it to another level on the more special event's, like say, your 15th, and 20th anniversary. That's where, for jewelery, going the custom route is quite effective.

J did contact me, and unfortunately, I can't help him out. Custom work takes time, and guys like to wait till the last minute. I'm guilty of that as well.
Also unfortunately for me, I am so busy I repeatedly have to turn away customers. It's a blessing and a curse. It's also the nature of my business, doing work for quite a few area retail stores, that they come first.

I'd like to hear the ladies oipions on the heart pendant vs. the drop pendant. I feel a lot of what is popular (recent slew of heart pendants) is simply marketing.

Nice post. Thanks for taking the time to write a thoughtful response.

You're welcome. I am sorry I couldn't help you further.
I have learned to say no, rather than burrying myself.
Yes, I had to actually learn that.

I like the drop better, Bitter. The heart is just not me.

J......Time is worth more than anything bought. :sexywink: Plan out a day full of things that you and your wife would like to do. Surprise her w/ it!!
Example.....do you guys like wine?
Washington Wine Academy - Tues June 19- A to Z of Wine at Artomatic

A romantic getaway on the Chesapeake Bay?
A concert?
Get her a spa day w/ a friend. Then take her out for dinner.

You know what she likes......think outside the box!!

yeah im with bitter. i like it a lot more than the heart. Very classy.

A nice restaurant and a show, or a dinner cruise?
I've always liked Normandie Farm in Potomac. The Lazy Susan in Woodbridge,VA is a dinner theater.

I have dinner reservations at Volt Restaurant in Frederick, MD (Yay us!) and I just got a baby sitter. I asked her what she wanted, and she really wants nothing but to go to Texas to see her ailing mother who has Alzheimer's. I just bought her airline tickets to Texas for her and my older daughter for July. :thumbup:

I bought her a Red Door spa gift card 2 years ago that has gone unused, and I got her a $250 Nordstrom gift card for X-mas that is sitting in her dresser. Maybe I'll send her to Nordstrom to get a new dress that weekend and then take her to dinner that night.

Thats VERY sweet of you, im sure she will be extatic!

As a Lady with jewlrey I like bitters suggestion kinda of has that past, pressent futrure thing to it, and the Final choice is pretty to I'm sure she will love it. Not a topaz fan myself but thats a personal quirk. Saphires are this girls best friend lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back