Another attempt at the sky shots

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
I just took this one about an hour ago. Still practicing the sky shots :)

treesky.jpg

practicing??! my goodnes gracious, i do believe you've got it.
OUTSTANDING photo. it is very hard to shoot a sunset and not be boring- seems to be one of the most photographed phenomena. yours is unlike most because it is interesting and shows great dof. the bright light hugging the left horizon and the lines of the clouds to the right both add spice.
one suggestion, and please feel free to ignore it, but you might want to try to bring the left crop line in to bisect the two left-most trees in the midground. if any of the branches in upper left still exhist, clone sky over them.

i tell you something, i would be damn proud to have taken this photo.
well done.

thanks a lot!! i appreciate that. i'll give that cropping a try and see whether i like it or not. this is only my 3rd sky shot that i've really tried at, i definately like hearing that i've snagged a good shot, and i'm def. proud of this one :)

-Dan

For me the branches of the trees provide strong interest. The foreground and cloud streaks (or are they airplane streaks) are even more interesting. Technically speaking, maybe take some cyan out of the snow?

vonnagy said:
nice one nytmair! :D

Do you remember you shutterspeed/ fstop?

hmmm... i'm not positive, but it was somewhere around f2.8 and 1/800th of a second i think. I had no tripod so i wanted a short shutter speed for less blurryness, and with the shorter speed it also made the colors more defined in the sky, and created the silouhette (spelling?) effect with the trees.

thanks for the great feedback too! :)

-Dan

Most reactions

New Topics

Back