Another beach picture... C&C please!

JMBriggs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okie... So I love the beach... It is my favorite place. But how can I take a non boring picture of it? This is my latest attempt. Cannon Beach, OR. Using a Canon t1i with the 55-250 kit lens. Was shot at iso 200, f10 and 1/500th.

IMG_7889.jpg

Straighten your horizon :p

Oh! Thanks... I forgot to do that before I posted!

Hi JM! To answer your question on what else you can do to take a non-boring picture of the beach is to catch the waves "movements".

Try bringing a Tripod and taking a picture with a slow shutter speed. Like 10 seconds or 30 seconds (you might need to use the BULB function and an off-camera shutter trigger to avoid blur in the picture)

Regarding your photo - it's "okay". Too much skies that is blank (no clouds etc) and maybe try to shoot with a lower ISO because I can some noise at the horizon where the huge rocks and sea meet. Just some 2 cents.

Good luck! :)

Did you capture a frame of a catastrophic earthquake / planetary shift? No? Then STRAIGHTEN YOUR HORIZON
5682604-smiley-ball-hate-another-smiley-ball.jpg

Also, bring down the blue channel a bit, work on making the rock pop a bit more.

Took a go at editing...

2l8c3ns.jpg

I like that edit. Thanks. Just so everyone knows I didn't adjust the color. I simply upper the contrast and vibrancy (pretty slight). I do know how to take time lapse shots but as you can see we happened to be there around 2pm so it is very bright. (1/500th at f10... So yeah... Bright out!) And I don't have enough nd filters to be able to time lapse in midday. Also I did straighten the horizon but it doesn't make the picture any less boring lol.

Most reactions

Back