Another Camera VS Camera Question..

danalec99 said:
5D, Mark II 1DS.

I don't know what they have in the Nikon camp.

Nothing, they're working on sensor density and sensitivity instead so they don't need to rework everything with a D badge on it!

so about the sensor:

which of these cameras has the biggest sensor.

Canon 350D
Canon 20D
Nikon D50/70
Nikon D200

i know that some of these above have a conversion rate of 1.5 X, some have 1.6 X (for lenses i mean). Im assuming this has something to do with it..?!

Rose said:
so about the sensor:

Canon 350D
Canon 20D
Nikon D50/70
Nikon D200

i know that some of these above have a conversion rate of 1.5 X, some have 1.6 X (for lenses i mean). Im assuming this has something to do with it..?!
Canon 350D, 20D - x1.6
Nikon D50, D70, D200 - x1.5

so... the nikon cams have the bigger sensor..?!:blushing:

not if you get the Canon 5D! :lol:

seriously, both the brands are good. It's like comparing Coke and Pepsi. Go to a store, hold the potential models you are considering to buy and pick whichever feels good in your hands.

Hi,
I have the Panasonic DMC FZ5 and I find it really good. You can take really nice photos wiith it and the battery life is very good.
I strongly reccomend it.
This was my first proper digital camera

Rose said:
so about the sensor:

Canon 350D
Canon 20D
Nikon D50/70
Nikon D200

Yep, the Nikons are 1.5x smaller than 35mm full-frame and the Canons in that list are 1.6x smaller - not a difference that matters, but for the record, those Nikons have a slightly bigger sensor.

Canon are persevering with full-frame sensors for their top end cameras, notably the 5D and the 1DS MkII which has some downsides - mainly file size! It's got advantages though, there's no loss of frame, so the wider angled lenses will give you a "better" wide picture.

Rob

Most reactions

Back