ANOTHER D60 QUESTION

lol .. i know you were just j/k. I was j/k as well.

As for the original OP question..... nah :er: ..... what do the OP expect other people will react when just enter a room and yell?

SO I WENT LOOKING FOR A SLR AND TRIED OUT THE D60.IVE NEVER USED A SLR BEFORE SO I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE.MY PRICE RANGE IS NO MORE THAN $600 AND I MAINLY WANT TO USE IT AT CAR/TRUCK SHOWS WHICK ARE MOSTLY OUTDOORS.WOULD THIS BE A GOOD CAMERA TO START OFF WITH?IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE REGULAR AND GOLD EDITION?THNX

All CAPS is a no-no on forums as it gives the feeling you are shooting at other members, hence the reactions of some people.

Back to your question. Any entry-level dSLR (from any manufacturer) should be able to give you the results you are after. I suggest you look on the Internet and make a list of all dSLRs that fit in your budget (including accessories you may need such as spare battery, memory card, tripod, bag...). You can compare their features on dpreview.com but the differences are minute particularly for someone new to photography. The best thing to do is then to go to a camera store and handle all the cameras from your list. You may find that some cameras are easier to use than others and that may help you in your decision process. The D60 is as good as any entry level dSLR. However the D40 is better value for money and has better low ight capabilities (better high ISO perfomance). In conclusion, you cannot really go wrong with any of the current entry dSLRs from all manufacturers (Pentax, Olympus, Samsung, Sony, Canon and Nikon).

The D40 is a better camera than the D60 flat out, if I were to choose one and the money was even I would pick a D40... yes it has less resoultion and a few less of the "toys" but the image quality out of the D40 at higher ISO's is better (I have shot both).

Most reactions

Back