Another day with Shorty

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got out late yesterday afternoon to spend some time with the Short-eared Owls. Nikon D3s with 500 f4. These are all heavy crops.

$_SNO4532.JPG

$_SNO4556.JPG

$_SNO4616.JPG

$_SNO4545.JPG

$_SNO4574.JPG

Shame you can't get closer. Geeze if this guy hangs around for a few more weeks, I might have to take a ride up there in the beginning of March :) Are the Snowies still around?

Nice shots Mike, let me know if you want to try that 500 f/4 on a D7100.

Shame you can't get closer. Geeze if this guy hangs around for a few more weeks, I might have to take a ride up there in the beginning of March :) Are the Snowies still around?

Come on up. Ya they're on a 2000 acre farm. I have to work the tree line while they seem to work the center of the fields. I'm thinking of setting up a blind but theres been 12" of snow on the ground which turned to slush today with rain. A few more days of learning their behavior will help too. Snowys are still around. I'm thinking of heading to Newport RI for barn Owls to add to my winter list.

Thanks Bill. I have that same setup. I haven't tried it. The buffer on the 7100 kind of drives me nuts.

here's #5 before crop
$_SNO4574-2.JPG

Last edited:

Thanks Bill. I have that same setup. I haven't tried it. The buffer on the 7100 kind of drives me nuts.

Didn't notice the 7100 in your sig, I'd think the reach would really help get you closer.

Didn't notice the 7100 in your sig, I'd think the reach would really help get you closer.

I was thinking the same thing today. Next time out I'm going to try that setup.

Looking forward to seeing the results :thumbup:

Come on up. Ya they're on a 2000 acre farm. I have to work the tree line while they seem to work the center of the fields. I'm thinking of setting up a blind but theres been 12" of snow on the ground which turned to slush today with rain. A few more days of learning their behavior will help too. Snowys are still around. I'm thinking of heading to Newport RI for barn Owls to add to my winter list.
Maybe you should grab BillM and bring him to Newport and we could have a meet up there. I had no idea we had Barn Owls around. How cool! I'm off Sunday/Monday then I will be off March 6-16 :) I've wanted to check out Sachuest Pont anyways...

I can make myself available in early March too, and I have a few spots that I'd be happy to share :thumbup:

Maybe you should grab BillM and bring him to Newport and we could have a meet up there. I had no idea we had Barn Owls around. How cool! I'm off Sunday/Monday then I will be off March 6-16 :) I've wanted to check out Sachuest Pont anyways...

I can make myself available in early March too, and I have a few spots that I'd be happy to share :thumbup:

Sounds like a good idea. March would work for me. From this week at Sachuest Pont ( Sachuest Point Wildlife Refuge )

Most reactions

Back