Another, first HDR attempt

Foxman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2095289780044176181S600x600Q85.jpg

This is two shots using photo merge in PS Elements

The foreground parking lot looks good as well as the sky. But the pic isnt large enough to see any detail in the shadow areas. The idea of HDR is to show both shadow and highlight.

The foreground parking lot looks good as well as the sky. But the pic isnt large enough to see any detail in the shadow areas. The idea of HDR is to show both shadow and highlight.

Bynx with all of tips in different post you outa right a book it would be a best seller;)

2 exposures is really not enough for an HDR... you should be doing like 5-7. You don't have a lot of dynamic range in this shot.

Bynx with all of tips in different post you outa right a book it would be a best seller;)

No matter how many posts I write, Im still lagging behind you trying to catch up. By the way I think the HDR forum is pretty slow. Not much action of input or output going on here. Im mainly interested in HDR both in helping others and getting better myself.

For your first attempt I must say this is very well done. This type of shot needs subtlety which you did successfully. My only suggestion would be to take it into Photoshop...if you use it .. and lighten up the homes since they are quite dark. I often take my HDR work back to the "Shop" to tighten up the tones .. etc... Good work!!;)

This is my result for your pic. :hug::
1857063515_04232010_1.jpg

Greg
What would make me, or anyone spend the money on your product, when we already have another product? Especially since your product seems to be the most expensive one I have seen.

...this question is real, not meant to be a snyde remark.

Pierre, hi.

Good question. I guess the answer is that not all HDR software is created equal. Different applications will produce different results. If you are absolutely thrilled with the solution you are currently using, then there really isn't a good reason for you to buy anything else.

HDR PhotoStudio employs a proprietary 32-bit HDR ColorSpace that produces natural looking "True Color HDR" images. It is also the only major application that allows you to perform all your color and tonal edits on the full 32-bit data. It is a different tool in your tool box that produces different results. Many photographers carry a point and shoot camera as well as a DSLR and decide which tool to use based on the particular task.

In any case, I was only suggesting that you take the free trial version for a test drive and see how you like it compared to your other tools.

Hope this helps.

Gregg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back