Another Flower Shot.

***NEW IMAGE ADDED AT END***

I am still having trouble getting the depth of field broad enough to get the tops all in focus, yet still blurring the bottoms. Catching blown reflection continues to be a problem. Grrrr...

Shot with the 100mm 2.8
F/22
This is the first time I tried using flash, and I created a complex set up of paper to bounce all around.

4341973169_e9c5be6075_o.jpg

OMG- I could careless about that picture.. I know enough to know.. I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!! = ) :drool:

If you're using Photoshop CS4, open the images up as layers. Select all the layers. Use edit->auto align and make sure the box for geometric distortion under lens correction is checked. Then go to edit->auto blend, choose stack images and make sure "seamless tones and colors" is checked.

This method should correct the distortion from adjusting focus with the lens.

Or, you can probably find a focus rail for a good bit less cash than a tilt shift lens...

Last edited:
That last photo is outstanding.

I am not an expert, but I did something one day that made some of my photos a little easier, although the particular lighting may not work.

I was photographing shiny covered books, also for web shots and Power Point presentations.

I went outside on a bright sunny day, in a lightly shaded area. I was able to get great photos of the book covers.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the thought. I am working with a flash, indoors, so I am experimenting with finding the best way to provide light that is easy to set up and has a small footprint in my little shop. Also, I am not sure my insurance would cover taking customers jewelery for a walk in the park. ;)

OMG- I could careless about that picture.. I know enough to know.. I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!! = ) :drool:

:lol: :thumbup:

@Turbo.
Thanks for that tip. I'll have to upgrade photoshop then. Been meaning to, now I have an excuse. Hmmm...focusing rail...should I google it, or post a new thread asking what it is? :lmao: Bah, I'll google it.

Most reactions

Back