Another flower

Kethaneni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know there are many posts of flowers this time of the year. Add one more to that. C&C appreciated.
dsc0301crop.jpg

Nice use of the 'rule of three's', although the flower looks a little out of focus to me?

The DOF is also nice. Next time i'd either go with a little more or a little less DOF. Being able to see some but not all of the background left me wondering what was back there. I'd either like to see simply blurred colours, or a more defined shape.

Nice use of the 'rule of three's', although the flower looks a little out of focus to me?

The DOF is also nice. Next time i'd either go with a little more or a little less DOF. Being able to see some but not all of the background left me wondering what was back there. I'd either like to see simply blurred colours, or a more defined shape.
Thanks smackitsakic! With the macro lens the DOF is very shallow and is very hard to get the entire flower into focus. Will try to do better next time. Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I don't see any of the flower in focus.
You shot it at f/5.6 and 300mm, I wonder if it was the focal length that did it.

Looking at your EXIF data I would suspect you are shooting in AE mode. I would suggest switching to manual or at least aperture priority and going to a smaller aperture. Say around f/11 although without flash, that may not be possible at 300mm but it would increase your DOF. As was stated above, composition (rule of thirds) was good, but focus was off.

Most reactions

Back