Another from the other night. Different look. C&C welcomed as always.

UnknownBro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Before

Izu6d22.jpg

After

I tend to like my pix a bit on the cooked side. Not sure if I went too far with this one.

uXc2kB1.jpg

Last edited:
I love it!! How did you get this look?
spot healed blemishes
then I added a surface blur and masked just the face.
then I copied teh background and added a topaz layer and deleted it off the skin.

As with the other image, the backgrounds are really not working; if it was just the boards, maybe, but the little open area kills it and I think the lighting needs work. Try something like a single gridded strobe up high to give a streetlight sort of effect; that will look a lot more appropriate for a night-time shoot. The light control is good, but it still looks like someone on a street at night illuminated by a strobe.

As with the other image, the backgrounds are really not working; if it was just the boards, maybe, but the little open area kills it and I think the lighting needs work. Try something like a single gridded strobe up high to give a streetlight sort of effect; that will look a lot more appropriate for a night-time shoot. The light control is good, but it still looks like someone on a street at night illuminated by a strobe.
I only have a 7" grid. I think that would make for too narrow of a beam. I'm planning on getting a 22'' beauty dish and a grid. that might work a bit better with that idea.

This is only my 4th time shooting a person. I'm still learning. Hopefully I get better with more shoots.

A 22" BD & grid will make ALL the difference. Keep shooting, for only your fourth 'people' shoot, you're doing well!

I think
too much useless detail that attracts the eye.
and the speaker has too little definition and is too small

I think
too much useless detail that attracts the eye.
and the speaker has too little definition and is too small
like this background better?

before
EXBJxhb.jpg

after
hRL9dK4.jpg

don't mind my quick edit. Just wondering if that helps.

The color/hue of the brown background is not complimentary to the color scheme of the subject. We have a classic mismatch of colors here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back