jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today was a little different, and so my shots were a little different. I really liked how some of them turned out. Taken hand held through a dirty window. Thanks to @K9Kirk for the speed tweak suggestion.

1 On approach
aug24202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Actually caught this one with the hover twist in the wingbeat
aug24202102 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Visiting the Geraniums
aug24202103 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 I decided to darken this to get the silhouette, since it was already mostly there. I liked how it turned out.
aug24202104 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

5 The sun coming through the feeder colored up this little fella
aug24202105 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

6 It pushed off from the feeder, and the sun shining through it caught the wing.
aug24202106 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

7 Visiting the Egyptian Star-cluster
aug24202107 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

8 Hovering over the Egyptian Star-cluster
aug24202108 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Great set! After a bit of a hiatus I've noticed they've been back at the wife's feeders, guess I need to get some shots before they leave for the year.

Nice set, Jeff, that's a noticeable improvement, too! (glad to help) My favorites are #3 and 7, despite that dirty window but never the less, I see Windex in your future ........ hee-hee! ;)

#7 came out very nicely.
Thanks! Yes, I like it because it has flowers instead of a feeder.
Great set! After a bit of a hiatus I've noticed they've been back at the wife's feeders, guess I need to get some shots before they leave for the year.
Thanks!
I like 6 and 7 the best. The birds seem to be cooperating more. :)
Thanks! Yes, they are less flighty.
Nice set, Jeff, that's a noticeable improvement, too! (glad to help) My favorites are #3 and 7, despite that dirty window but never the less, I see Windex in your future ........ hee-hee! ;)
Thanks! Yes, bringing out the ol' squeegee... the down side is that I get more birds flying into the windows when they are clean. Birds can't see the glass. No fatalities yet, fortunately.

I like #5, Jeff. The sun through the glass colors him/her nicely. It looks to me to be just a touch soft. But I think in this case that actually enhances the effect.

I like #5, Jeff. The sun through the glass colors him/her nicely. It looks to me to be just a touch soft. But I think in this case that actually enhances the effect.
Thanks! Yep, taking the pic through a dirty (now clean) window, at 400mm on the Tamron, with the bird in the shade of the feeder. That's the one con I've seen about the 18-400m at 400, is that it gets soft. I can probably compensate for that in LR, but yes, in this case I think it came out good.

Good set. They are fun to try and capture. I like 3 in the way you got the wings. Has an angelic look. I like the silhouette idea you did instead of just writing the shot off.

Good set. They are fun to try and capture. I like 3 in the way you got the wings. Has an angelic look. I like the silhouette idea you did instead of just writing the shot off.
Thank you! I often try to find a way to salvage a pic, if I can, and have the time to play around. When I found that I could silhouette the bird without drastically affecting the geranium, and I was able to restore some of the blue of the sky, I liked what resulted.

Most reactions

Back