More Hummingbirds (6x)...I might be getting better

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mind you, I am still handicapped at the moment and I just received another two weeks off work from the doctor yesterday (yippie).

No more excuses, cause I got a ton of 'em.

08-June-Hummingbird-2.jpg

2. I like the tounge action on this one.
08-June-Hummingbird-3.jpg

3. The throat color changes as different lighting hits it. It's normally bright red.
08-June-Hummingbird-1.jpg

4. Overshoots the landing and hit the breaks HARD. (also doing a little Michael Jordan action)
08-June-Hummingbird-4.jpg

5. Poser!
08-June-Hummingbird-6.jpg

6. Been trying to catch multiple at the feeder. This is the best I've got so far. It's fun to watch them "protect" when its their turn. (Notice the red throat)
08-June-Hummingbird-5.jpg

I have more to pour through and hopfully a few more may come of them.

EDIT
These females were shot today with the 300mm f/4 and are a bit soft methinks. I'm bored and wanted to add a few more pics. :lol:

Hummer-3.jpg

Hummer-2.jpg

Hummer-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.​

I like them all but I preffer the first 3 without the feeder, but that just my preference. Nice shots.

Nice shots! The colours are good in the first one, I like the one with the protruding tongue, and i like his pose in shot 5 (but it's a bit overexposed). How you managed to get these, in your injured state, amazes me

Excuses or not, those are very cool shots K. 6 would be my favorite if the bird in the foreground had more of a profile.

Thanks for sharing!

I really like all of them, but I'm a newbie.

I preffer the first 3 without the feeder.
Thanks, as do I.

Excuses or not, those are very cool shots K. 6 would be my favorite if the bird in the foreground had more of a profile.
Patience, my dear. :lol: Yeah, I'm trying different positions and times of day to get the combination right. Hopefully I can nail one that I am really happy with soon enough.

I really like all of them, but I'm a newbie.
Thanks Randy. BTW, your newbie status is irrelevant. As long as you have one good eye and the IQ that is slightly above that of a cucumber, your comments are much appreciated.

How you managed to get these, in your injured state, amazes me

Thanks Anty. The overexposure was mostly due to midday sun and not making adjustments when it popped from behind the clouds. As far as being able to shoot during this time, it only took a little money and the assistance from my Father/Mother/brother (or whoever was around) to get the gear setup.

The first couple of days was a complete no-go. I left the hospital with an aircast that fits snugly around the top and sides of the shoulder. The hose runs into a smal thermos of ice water and really helps with the healing process, swelling and pain.
DSC_5152_edited-1.jpg

The next few days were entirely wireless. (The sling is homemade until I got a proper one. Thanks Mom). This was really and case of hit and miss with catching a hummer. Mostly miss. :lol: The camera and lens covered due to hot sun. Clever, eh?
Remote-Setup-2.jpg

Finally I have been able to get more mobility to use the corded remote and use the viewfinder. It's helping to miss fewer shots, but the process ain't easy. (Yes, I intentionally went with a high-key approach to skin tone. :lmao:
Remote-Setup-1.jpg

I picked up a few tips today elswhere and will employ those tactics.

Thanks NJ, much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back