What's new

Another Lightning Shot

JLB

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
Bloomington, Indiana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really goofed this one up, I could have swore I changed my ISO to 100, but it was at 400. My f/stop was @ 5.6, unfortunately the lightning was the brightest of the night, so that didn't work out too well either.

4740434075_a84eab8569_b.jpg
 
this will probably seem like a noob question . . . but how did you know when to press the button?

Lightning is like a fraction of a second? I couldn't even catch a car passing me the other day haha (first day of camera)
 
this will probably seem like a noob question . . . but how did you know when to press the button?

Lightning is like a fraction of a second? I couldn't even catch a car passing me the other day haha (first day of camera)

Only way to learn, is to ask questions. In manual, I set to Bulb, and used a remote switch. When I'd see a small flicker of lightning, I'd open the shutter, and start counting to 20, hoping the flicker would set off a larger bolt in that 20 seconds. Sometimes it doesn't, sometimes you get lucky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom