Another little angel.

metroshane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my cousin, she let me practice on her. And she was a little terror :D She was all over the place insisting on seeing every pic after every flash. So it was good experience working with kids. I learned some little tricks and to take pics when they aren't really looking. For example, in this pic she insisted on wearing a cheap halloween fairy outfit over the easter dress her mom wanted her to wear. Of course it looked silly, so I just let her wear it and shot around it.

BTW, I intentionally framed it a little right of center...just seemed more interesting that way.

pic51.jpg

Ah, come on...I need the feedback. If it's not good say so.

It's very cute! You captured a great expression. I dunno if I like the off centerness of it that you went with. It's like it should be even more off center or centered. As is, it seems to pull me somewhere I don't want to go. Or something. I'm not sure. Sorry this is no help.

It actually reminds me on something you would see on Kodak's web site, promoting their film.

Her expression is absolutely great, and I think having it a little off-center actually adds something to the photo. The framing and the expression couple together to make her look even MORE mischievous!

Yeah, you've captured her really well.
She looks like she's the sort of devil you'd forgive being a devil because she's cute. Damn those kids, I let them get away with so much! :LOL:

Its a gorgeous shot, and personally I pretty much take a lot of my shots off centre.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll tell you, if you really want to learn to use your imagination...shoot kids. They'll make you overcome everyobstacle there is.

metroshane said:
if you really want to learn to use your imagination...shoot kids. They'll make you overcome everyobstacle there is.

Kids are tough, but I like shooting them better than adults because they aren't as self conscious in front of the camera. I've been using a TLR recently, and I think it may be my new kid port shooter; it's so easy to get the camera down to their eye level and lower.

Trust your instincts: off center is where it's at, and this is a fabulous portrait. Just let the kids be themselves; as time passes this type of capture will only be treasured more because of it.

Great B&W! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back