Another Movie thread....

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Movies I watched over the weekend -

Matador - Actually pretty good. Don't go to the theatres though, just wait for the dvd. Or download like I did.

King Kong - Very impressed. Saw it on my computer, but still amazing to watch.

Fun with Dick and Jane - Worst movie EVAR. Don't see it unless you're like me, a sucker for punishment. I watched to see HOW bad it was.

Chronicles of Narnia - Despite the age catagory it was aimed at, I actually really enjoyed reliving the memories I had from reading the books. Really well done rendition. Didn't like the casting of Aslans voice though. Totally not deep enough. I wanted to hear that guy who did Darth Vadar. What the hell was his name? Didn't he do simba's dad too?

You watched all those this weekend? Wow...
I think all I saw was "The Family Stone," which was mildly entertaining considering my girlfriend had just visited my family over christmas, but with much better results.

King King and Narnia were both really good in my opinion, I've read those Narnia books about a million times, and thought they did a good, if not LOTR good, movie version. I'm really looking forward to the sequals now :)

Oh, and your thinking James Earl Jones, but I dunno, I liked Aslan as he was.

I got them off my friends comp with me iPod. Man I love that thing. They were all dvd screeners in .avi format. I didn't go to the movies cause I'm cheap.

And yeah, James Earl. I wanted a voice like that. Who did do the voice? Kinda sounded like Liam Neeson.

*google searches*

Ok, I was right. Liam Neeson.

We think about going to movies every weekend. Check the paper, know the place & time.....then, do it again next weekend. When the movie is finally gone, we say to each other, "Dammit! Why'd we miss that one when it was on the big screen? Now we have to wait for the DVD!" :x

It's really an event when we manage to make one. Right now, our weekend discussions revolve around "Capote", "Good Night & Good Luck", and 2-3 more we're very interested in that I can't remember. :mrgreen: Such is how we function at moviegoing. We love movies, though. Really.

bace said:
I got them off my friends comp with me iPod. Man I love that thing. They were all dvd screeners in .avi format. I didn't go to the movies cause I'm cheap.

And yeah, James Earl. I wanted a voice like that. Who did do the voice? Kinda sounded like Liam Neeson.

*google searches*

Ok, I was right. Liam Neeson.
Liam Neeson is hot.

Just get a sweet tv and surround sound. Then you're in the movie theatre any way.

To be honest I prefer watching DVD's at home to going to the movies.

And my tv's not even that sweet.

Movies I've watched in the last week and half(ish)...

Jarhead - pretty funny in parts and quite touching...worth watching

Elephant - for about the 11th time, but its such a bizarrely unique film

Almost Famous - 2nd time... just love it!

Ghostbusters 1+2 - I don't need a reason to watch these classics!

Jarhead was awesome.

Almost Famous, love that movie. Whatsername is totally hot in the best way. Not looks, but the character is so hot.

Penny Lane? i.e. Kate Hudson

Oh I watched Road To Perdition too... been whining at my b/f he had to see it... I love Tom Hanks

....remembers The Terminal, ah the joy of pointless films

... remembers Lost In Transalation... another awesomely pointless movie :D

...I love Bill Murray

...remembers Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day and many more at all once

...ahh, I love movies :mrgreen:

Brokeback Mountain - Great performances, cinematograhy, script in some ways but the story was a bit lacking I feel. Very good but not as great as it could have been. Slightly too long too.

Fulltime Killer - Seen before but was on and watched again. Really good, amazing bit at the end.

Starsky and Hutch - My brother said this was the funniest film these group of actrs has done however I disagree. I didn't think it was that funny. Zoolander probably is the best by the group some real laugh out loud moments.

I saw Casanova over the weekend, I was disappointed. I also saw Brokeback Mountain, I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time and I would highly recommend anyone to go see it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back