Another Newbie requests C&C

crazy_dragonlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!

I would like an honest critique here... be brutal if you have to be.. but remember... I'm just a newbie and until about a week ago I never used anything but the "P" setting on my camera! :er:

I have included two photos here.. hope that's ok. Both are of nature.

Photo #1
leaf_close.jpg

Photo #2
center_tree.jpg

Like I said, I want some constructive criticism here.. give me some pointers on any improvements you might make.

ttfn
CDL.

They're both not bad, my only complaint is theres no real interesting subject. Also remember your rule of thirds, I'm not liking the leaf being dead center in the first pic.
Second one I find interesting, not sure why, but I like it.

I don't offer C&C, it is not my thing.

I will, however, suggest that one of the first tools that you will want to pick up for your camera if you plan on doing a lot of these kinds of shots is a circular polarizing filter.

I dug up a leaf shot that I took this fall that is quite similar to yours, and I am posting it here so you can see the difference in the vibrancy that a polarizing filter can give fall color shots.

leaf.JPG

Not only is the color much more vibrant but I also notice you have a good example of that rule that noob873 was talking about ;).

I will be buying some extra "toys" once we get some more cash.. I'm looking into two different filters actually, a polarizing and an ND filter (any advice on some good ones is helpful too) and some sort of macro attachment I read about for my lens. Not sure what it's called but it's supposed to allow you to take closer photos than you normally would be able to without it... I read about it in an article somewhere.

Thanks for the advice guys... every little bit helps me to better my photos.

ttfn
CDL.

Most reactions

Back