Another Newborn session!

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C please. This beautiful baby was a lil red. I tried my best in pp to remove... but my monitor is not calibrated. How do these look? Also, what is your lighting setup for newborns? Just curious what all you do. I just have my AB camera right 45 degrees and a reflector camera left near the baby/setup.

finnian-0419.jpg

finnian-0421.jpg

finnian-0455.jpg

finnian-0460.jpg

The skin tones look acceptable on this monitor, and your lighting set-up seems to be working. My one critique, especially on #s 1 and 2 is the lack of DoF. Under the conditions you' were working your DoF was about 1" for #1 and about 5/8" for #2. Given the poses (which are fine in and of themselves), the shallow DoF is, IMO, really hurting these images. Spend some time becoming more familiar with Depth of Field tables and consider using smaller apertures.

I agree with the above poster, that they would be better with more DOF. I find that adjusting the curves slightly can really help with the redness......or cloning it out.

But these are gorgeous and a great start! I am sure the parents love them just as they are.

Adorable stuff! I don;t care about the redness--I can see that the skin actually looked like that. I have noticed that baby skin changes its appearance very dramatically, based on room temperature. To me these look very realistic. Nice poses, nice props, and I think the DOF is adequate in all of them....I am not feeling the desire to see more in-focus on any of them. To me, shot #3 is simply, well, OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

Good job. I need to buy props!

Most reactions

Back