mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pulled out my very sharp Nikkor 28mm f3.5PC shift lens. It's still useful today on a digital camera.

Using it to correct converging lines in camera.
stairs BW2_0463.jpeg

adjusting shift to find balance I like
stairs angle BW_0469.jpeg

Seem to work very well in it's desired purpose.

Must get my ancient 35/2.8 version out of its case soon. Preset aperture on nose means no Ai tab interference.

Must get my ancient 35/2.8 version out of its case soon. Preset aperture on nose means no Ai tab interference.
My 28PC is 35 yrs old and I was surprised how sharp it is on a D750. Can only use it on manual settings, but once I familiar my self again it was quick. Picking aperture and shutter speed and using auto ISO can make it semi-program mode.
I'm going out soon trying it as straight 28 for street.

I love the feel of the construction of those old Nikkors! I considered buying a 28 mm shift lens around 2004. Pro Photo Supply had a really nice example for $165.

Yes Derrel, they do feel wonderful in your hand, and the focusing ring is so buttery smooth to use.

My 28PC is 35 yrs old and I was surprised how sharp it is on a D750. Can only use it on manual settings, but once I familiar my self again it was quick. Picking aperture and shutter speed and using auto ISO can make it semi-program mode.

With respect, it's hard to imagine a more fiddly lens for fast street shooting than a preset like the Nikkor PCs. Architecture yes, fast changing scenes with people, no.

With respect, it's hard to imagine a more fiddly lens for fast street shooting than a preset like the Nikkor PCs. Architecture yes, fast changing scenes with people, no.
Not the fastest like an AF lens, but if I prefocus, pick a wide aperture and shutter speed and let the auto ISO do the rest I'm good to go...even shooting street from the hip. It's not my first choice, which is my manual 35mm f1.4, but I'd like to try it to see how a 28mm would work for me. All my life I've used a 35mm for 99% of my street and I'm considering the 28 or 35 1.8 G lenses for my street and interior prime so this will help me decide. On another note about the 28PC, it's sharp to the edges at all apertures.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back