What's new

another old barn in Eastern Oregon

chito beach

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2010
Messages
605
Reaction score
17
Location
Olympic Peninsula, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
aaDSC05980.jpg


I dont think this one has long to keep standing
 
My personal feeling is that such constructions are more appealing,when seen from a distance in the landscape

Regards
 
Since you say it's okay to edit.......

Removed the fence, weeds and power pole in the back. Less than 30 seconds worth using content aware in CS5.


Original
chitopicture.jpg



Edit
editedchitopicture.jpg




Although I thought I reverted back to no other edits, it looks as if there may have been some curves adjustments left. Didn't mean to.​
 
Since you say it's okay to edit.......

Removed the fence, weeds and power pole in the back.


Original
chitopicture.jpg



Edit
editedchitopicture.jpg




​
Although I thought I reverted back to no other edits, it looks as if there may have been some curves adjustments left. Didn't mean to.​

I have one at home that I did remove all the metal posts but left the wood fence and barbed wire.......I feel those are important to the shot. other wise I would have done a shorter crop.
 
I have one at home that I did remove all the metal posts but left the wood fence and barbed wire.......I feel those are important to the shot. other wise I would have done a shorter crop.
Fair enough. There didn't seem to be enough of the posts in frame for me to think it wasn't an oversight.

So why did you leave the metal posts in the image here? They seem to contradict the mood and time of the old tired building. Curious.
 
I have one at home that I did remove all the metal posts but left the wood fence and barbed wire.......I feel those are important to the shot. other wise I would have done a shorter crop.
Fair enough. There didn't seem to be enough of the posts in frame for me to think it wasn't an oversight.

So why did you leave the metal posts in the image here? They seem to contradict the mood and time of the old tired building. Curious.

lazy on this one. this is exactly how it came out of the camera.......well almost LOL. I dont feel every image should be retouched, I like seeing others edits and ideas its how we improve.
 
I like the fence out version much better. I think the fence is distracting and draws the eyes away from the barn. I love the composition of the shot, but think the colors need to pop a little more. If you ever get to this spot again it may be fun to do an HDR shot from it. :)
 
I like the fence out version much better. I think the fence is distracting and draws the eyes away from the barn. I love the composition of the shot, but think the colors need to pop a little more. If you ever get to this spot again it may be fun to do an HDR shot from it. :)

Thanks. The shot was backlit this was the shady side. I plan on going back and shoot in the winter
 
Honestly, I wish there had been more of the fence and wire.Its a nice shot, possibly crop it so its not dead center though? Just a thought.
 
Its the lean that makes it seem heavy on center, to my ol eyes anyways.
 
Posted with Brians Okay;)
1081074285_CD2AN-L.jpg


Tonal contrast, 16X9 pano crop. Level adjustments, going by the small post in the BG. Working with the original will give more room for fine tuning.
 
That's an awesome subject (at least for those of us who enjoy shooting derelict rural buildings). I love the fact that the colours pop, even if the image is (almost) straight out of the camera.

As is, the composition doesn't work for me: I think it needs more of the fence or – like kundalini's and Sisco's edits show – none at all. (Then again, it all comes down to what the photographer chooses to show and how.)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom