What's new

Another old, decrepid, beat-up and derelict building..

Jzero

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Location
On the coast of The Mediterranean Sea
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another one of those old and picturesque buildings that once served as someone's home, or perhaps... as a home to someone's farm animals, whichever.
J

Atlit_ruin.jpg
 
Hey, that is one cool b&w conversion!
And I really like that building, too!
Several years ago I had a little series up here on a dilapidated shed that I used to see from the road upon speeding past, and for which I then stopped to explore a little ... it has long gone from any of my photo servers, but I might consider reloading it for you. You might like it ?!?!?

And hey, I still owe you my edits of your other old-buildings-thread, and I did them yesterday ... must upload them and find that thread of yours to post them! :idea:
 
Hey is that a conversion from color or was it shot in B&W. I like it a lot, the blacks are great and the contrast with the white of the bricks is really nice.
 
Thanks Jlbrew. It is converted from color. Here's the original (tweaked somewhat as well) so you can get an idea of how much I played around with it on of those "Play-around-with-pictures" software.

J

Atlit_ruin-1.jpg
 
Lovely image, B+W really does it justice =)
Like the lighting aswell, well done xD
 
Oh yes, now I am even more convinced that the black&white really "does it" here! Much, much stronger!
Cool "playing around" with your "play-around-with-your-pictures-software"!
 
it is certainly much better in B&W IMHO :)

simple and clean. i like it.
 
Thank you all for your valuable input. I prefer the B&W version as well, somehow it seems to improve the general "feel" of the picture.

J
 
I agree with others in that B&W is better, I personally feel that this is so because the color version seems just a little too cluttered and busy for my taste. However, the black and white is very well done as others have keenly noted.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom