another one

ktanady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another one from me, a picture taken @Ancol Beach, North Jakarta, Indonesia
I had it processed in two different style..

C&Cs are highly appreciated, be cruel if you want to..;)

Original:
ori.jpg

IMG 1:
small.jpg

IMG 2:
small-1.jpg

I like the second edit. Third image. How did you get that effect?

C&C per req:

I much prefer the original image. Both the other two are far too dark and over-processed for my taste. This has a lot of potential, and you've got some excellent lints in the curve of the boardwalk, but it would be better if you could see just a little more of it, that is if the image went a little farther right.

This image really needed a G-ND to enhance the cloud detail and brighten up the overall exposure, the foreground is probably 1 1/2 stops under right now, and don't forget to level in post.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

C&C per req:

I much prefer the original image. Both the other two are far too dark and over-processed for my taste. This has a lot of potential, and you've got some excellent lints in the curve of the boardwalk, but it would be better if you could see just a little more of it, that is if the image went a little farther right.

This image really needed a G-ND to enhance the cloud detail and brighten up the overall exposure, the foreground is probably 1 1/2 stops under right now, and don't forget to level in post.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Okay, maybe simpler is better, lol..
Actually I tried to add more of the broadwalk into the picture, the problem is that there're people hanging out over there..so this is as much as I could take as not to include those people..

and yeah, I'll be looking for the ND filter, thank you very much for the C&C sir, appreciate it..:)

The second and third versions are much more dramatic. An amazing difference between them and the first shot. The second photo, with the cool blue tones, looks almost believable, as if a storm were rolling in. The last shot looks a bit theatrical,and over-worked, but still it's better than the original in terms of visual appeal and impact. Good job.

I'm guessing this is HDR? Looks like it. I LOVE IT. I just need to figure out how to do it myself! lol

they are some cool shots. A little to dramatic but really nice if thats what you were going for

Most reactions

Back