another oversharpened Statue

MechanicalClone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is another oversharpened statue.

Here's what I don't like about this, the trees in the bottom left corners looks like crap and the top left corner of the monument has darker lines that I dislike. I could of done a better job on removing the white halos too.

I think I like oversharpened stuff to much, I'll have to learn to back off on the sharpening\highpass-overlay.

What else don't you guys like about this?

$over statue.jpg

Looks like you have blurred the tree a bit if so blur it more and up to the monument. Use a selection to protect the monument if needed.
If you like over sharpening images go for it as long as its your look and your happy stick to it. Who's to say what is right or wrong.
Personaly I like it but would try split tone or a filter colour. That's just me.

Personally, I like it just the way it is.....

To me it doesn't even look sharpened--viewed at full size it appears to be smoothed first, then sharpened. There's hardly any detail...

probably want to at least clean up that white paint mark on the bottom right...

Last edited:
Here is another oversharpened statue.

Here's what I don't like about this, the trees in the bottom left corners looks like crap and the top left corner of the monument has darker lines that I dislike. I could of done a better job on removing the white halos too.

I think I like oversharpened stuff to much, I'll have to learn to back off on the sharpening\highpass-overlay.

What else don't you guys like about this?

Not trying to be negative, but if you recognized all those flaws then why didn't you correct them BEFORE you posted the picture, and then ask for critique?

Looks like you have blurred the tree a bit if so blur it more and up to the monument. Use a selection to protect the monument if needed.
If you like over sharpening images go for it as long as its your look and your happy stick to it. Who's to say what is right or wrong.
Personaly I like it but would try split tone or a filter colour. That's just me.

I am not familiar with "split tones". What do you mean?

Not trying to be negative, but if you recognized all those flaws then why didn't you correct them BEFORE you posted the picture, and then ask for critique?

Pure lazyness my friend... pure lazyness.

I know its no excuse.

To me it doesn't even look sharpened--viewed at full size it appears to be smoothed first, then sharpened. There's hardly any detail...

probably want to at least clean up that white paint mark on the bottom right...

That white paint mark is my watermark... ha! :)

Split tone. change the blacks to one colour and the whites to different colour or the mids. Depends on your software if and how to do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back