Another photographer? What am I, famous?

Gorgeous tones! Well done!

Keeping it weird!* Nice shot, Jamie! This shot has a wonderful quality about it. The gesture is amazing!

*reference to a local saying

Stunning! Is that film?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the likes! I had a few of this guy and had a good conversation with him.

Stunning! Is that film?

No, this was taken with a Nikon D610 DSLR with a Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 @ settings: f8, 1/500th ISO 3200

EDITED - I forgot this was with a 35mm 1.4, not a 1.8 :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the likes! I had a few of this guy and had a good conversation with him.

Stunning! Is that film?

No, this was taken with a Nikon D610 DSLR with a Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 @ settings: f8, 1/500th ISO 3200
Do you take the photo in color or monochrome?

What post software do you use to get the rich black, mine look to gray.

Stunning! Is that film?

Color shot. Edited in lightroom.
worked on highlights, shadows, clarity, sharpening, luminance, set to B&W and then added contrast and finally clipped some blacks

Stunning! Is that film?

worked on highlights, shadows, clarity, sharpening, luminance, set to B&W and then added contrast and finally clipped some blacks
Sorry, what is clipped some black?

Stunning! Is that film?

Sorry, what is clipped some black?

It's when the blacks are right on the edge of being black containing some detail ... and I just about "clip" them to their limit where the blacks become blacker without losing detail.

That's my explanation. same as the whites. just before the point of them blowing.there's always google hehe ;)

If that doesn't make sense -

Thank you, I basically understand. Will Google for Gimp software, appreciate it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back