(Another) Photography Newbie Looking for some CC

SS_Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi<br><br>I recently started an online photography coure and my first module involved Landscapes and Nature I am due to submit some images soon and was hoping for some constructive criticism before I do. All suggestions are greatfully recieved.<br><br><br>Beach by SS_Photographer, on Flickr

Untitled by SS_Photographer, on Flickr

Landscape by SS_Photographer, on Flickr

Nature by SS_Photographer, on Flickr

Lunch at The Half Moon by SS_Photographer, on Flickr

IMGP3582 by SS_Photographer, on Flickr

IMGP3559 by SS_Photographer, on Flickr

Not horrible but a lot of the shots are tilted. The shots from the woods could use some work. Focus is kinda soft. Id try setting up a tripod next time and doing some exposures that are a bit longer.

You seem to be having a bit of a problem with dynamic range. For example, in picture 1, you have a slightly blown out sky (but not too bad). For pic #4, the butterfly body lacks detail while the flowers seem too bright. Are you shooting Nikon? This might be a case for strong active D-lighting (or Canon's equivalent technology). #3 looks great. THe forest pictures again have too much high-end from the sky. I'm betting a histogram will reflect a lot of energy on the high end.

Thanks fot the replies..... I am waiting for my tripod to be delivered. I will research dynamic range now!. I have only took up the course a week a go and these are my first photos I've taken since owning my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles camera a few years a go.
I am using a Canon 450D at the moment.

Way to many photos for C&C, and I recommend you post unedited photos if you want photography advice.

If you want editing C&C post in the forum section devoted to that.

I also recommend posting just 1 photo at a time if you want C&C.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back