Another pier v2.0

stk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went back to the pier, this time at sunset.

My biggest mistake was to bring my family, and not dress them properly. So with two freezing kids and one angry girlfriend, I only got this one shot. The sunset went from decent to amazing in the next 20 minutes, but by then we were...well 20 minutes away.

DSC_6828-HDR-Edit.jpg

Nikon Z6 with Nikkor AF-S 20mm f/1.8, ISO 100, 20 mm, f/8, 20 sec

Umm looking pretty amazing right about where your pic is to me. Awesome catch! Tks :)

It’s hard mixing life with photography. I am lucky that I have a very loving and understanding wife. But I too have had times where I have had to balance the two .
Eg. photographing fast moving action whilst holding two dogs on leads, whom at the time really wanted to be else where. Add pulling dogs to the list of reasons for camera shake.

I think it's a nice pic. Maybe the trick is to get them all some cameras so they'll join in and forget about the cold for a few minutes longer. A thermos of hot chocolate wouldn't hurt, either. (I'm only half serious)

Nice shot! I like it as is. You only think the sunrise was amazing there 20 minutes later.

So I went back to the pier, this time at sunset.

My biggest mistake was to bring my family, and not dress them properly. So with two freezing kids and one angry girlfriend, I only got this one shot. The sunset went from decent to amazing in the next 20 minutes, but by then we were...well 20 minutes away.

View attachment 181607
Nikon Z6 with Nikkor AF-S 20mm f/1.8, ISO 100, 20 mm, f/8, 20 sec

Yup. Very hard to do any serious photography with any family or non photographer friends along. I’ve almost given up trying as it always ends with me disappointed and my family annoyed. Just the other day my 16yo got snippy with me for taking my camera on our walk with the dogs. Our walk at the lake on a gorgeous late afternoon in fall! Of course I brought it. Some lessons are hard to learn. I went back without her the next day so I could get what I wanted without the sighs and eye rolls.

It’s hard mixing life with photography. I am lucky that I have a very loving and understanding wife. But I too have had times where I have had to balance the two .
Eg. photographing fast moving action whilst holding two dogs on leads, whom at the time really wanted to be else where. Add pulling dogs to the list of reasons for camera shake.

I use a long retractable leash on our small dog and give him about 3 ft of slack then step on the leash still holding the other end in my left hand. He can’t pull my hand that way. When I have both dogs with me it’s next to impossible.

I think it's a nice pic. Maybe the trick is to get them all some cameras so they'll join in and forget about the cold for a few minutes longer. A thermos of hot chocolate wouldn't hurt, either. (I'm only half serious)

Gave my mom my fixed 18mm to use on our road trip to NH. She did ok and she enjoyed it. I may have to post a thread with her photos for her.

Most reactions

Back