Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
......is there a way to 'lock' a cell when you make a table? What I mean is, make is so you can't accidentally erase it unless you unlock it? Does that make any sense?

Mmmmmm...not exactly like you can in Excel. The nearest I can suggest would be to insert form fields into the cells you want to be modifiable, then protect the document as a form. That'll lock everything that isn't a form field.

PetersCreek said:
Mmmmmm...not exactly like you can in Excel. The nearest I can suggest would be to insert form fields into the cells you want to be modifiable, then protect the document as a form. That'll lock everything that isn't a form field.

Ok...I can't find anything about form fields though...how do I do that? The only thing close that I can find is >Insert >Database Field, but that has to do with mail.

On your menu bar, navigate to View|Toolbars|Forms to display the forms toolbar. Position your cursor where you'd like the form field to appear, then click the ab| icon on the forms toolbar. This will insert a text form field at the cursor position. You can double click (or alternatively, right click and select Properties) to view and/or change the form field properties.

Once you've inserted all the form fields you like, you can protect it via Tools|Protect Document|Forms. The password is optional.

Note...if you fill in form fields, then unprotect the form and subsequently protect it again, all form fields will be cleared or reset to their default entries, if any are specified.

say_wordcopy.jpg

Sorry, I just had to.

When you go to view Toolbars, is there an arrow after your last option? If so, click on that and it should expand to show you the whole list.

PetersCreek said:
Go to Help|About Microsoft Word to get the version info.

Microsoft Works Version 8.0 Copyright 2004

So...is Microsoft Works Word not the same as Microsoft Word?

THAT'S the problem. You're not using Word. You're using Works. Nope, they definitely aren't the same. Forget everything I said...until you upgrade to Word, that is.

Sorry, I think Works is too limited for what you want to do.

Most reactions

Back