another really noob question

onlinejames

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first time with a SLR so please forgive the dumb questions
firstly i got a pentax mz-50(28-80, 100-300)
Can i change lenses with film inside?
thanks to HOBBES28 for the link for the manual
thanks

Yup. You can with most 35mm cameras with interchangable lenses. It's not a stupid question though. With some cameras, mostly larger formats, you have to put a dark slide in to protect the film before you change the lens as the shutter is in the lens itself. With your camera, the shutter is in the body so it keeps the film from being exposed. Once the lens is off, you'll see that you can look right through the lens, so it's not stopping any light from getting in the camera even when it's on.

Another question
i want to take night photos
what is the best settings to use
as far as i can tell you set to manual,then set shutter speed to bu
after that i have to hold the shutter release button down for what ever time i decide to hold it for , is there a way to have the shutter stay open with out me holding it, as even on a tripod i dont think its that steady
what setting should i use and for how long do i have to hold the shutter open for to get a good result, what Av setting should i use, i think i used av 11 and held shutter open for 60 sec, havnt seen the result yet
thanks once more
what does everyone pay to get there films developed and where is best quality

There are a bunch of threads on the subjects you mention, so I'd recommend doing a search first. You are talking about a lesson in exposure which is better handled by something already written. Finding a lab has been talked a lot about too. If you still have specific questions after, we'd be happy to answer them. :D

The setting where you hold the shutter open as long as you hold the button down is called "bulb", and you usually only use that when you need a shutter speed longer than what the camera can already do.

And welcome to the board!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back