Another Self-Portrait Attempt

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel this is the best attempt so far. However, I'm sure there's lots more I could fix. Which of these three would you consider the best and why? What could I do differently (besides pulling the weeds).

IMG_2324 by RxForB3, on Flickr

IMG_2320 by RxForB3, on Flickr

IMG_2310 by RxForB3, on Flickr

I like the laid back pose in number 1 but the expression looks forced. If you would have had the pose with that AWESOME expression from number 3 then I would have called that the winner. This may seem silly and short but I think you may benefit from this video. Then go out and find more to learn more:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I see what you mean about the expression in #1. And I watched the video. I'll try to remember that next time! It gets a little difficult trying to pose during the 10-second timer on my camera. I'm getting the 6D soon, though, and the WiFi smartphone capabilities could help immensely for taking self-portraits, pictures of my son and I, and the like.

6D?! You lucky bastard! Yeah, that'll help a lot and I totally know what you mean about the 10 second timer. I have the 1000D and so I am pretty stuck with the timer.

If you'd like, I'd be honored to have you add me to facebook as a friend so I can keep more updated on your progress (that is if you do the failbook thing).

Check this thread out for what I did with the ten second timer and posing: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...s-having-trouble-one-trying-shoot-others.html

I like #1 pose, but smile in #2. One, is a good shot, but you need some color in it either by clothes or landscape unless you wanted it that away. Also, take liquify and push out the indention on your left shoulder of your jacket. Good job!

I have done a lot of self-portraits, and I practice the pose several times before I actually take the picture, because it helps reduce tension when having to pose so quickly.

I like number two. It looks very natural.

AgentDrex, I added you as a contact on Flickr and liked your facebook page. Don't guess I can add you from your photography page. Really like the self portrait you did!

Bunny99123, the lack of color wasn't intentional. This is my back yard, so it was just a convenient spot. I'll keep an eye out for that in the future, though, and I'll have to play around with liquify.

Laynea24, thanks for your input! The more I look at it, the more I like #2 as well. I think the raised chin helps in comparison to #1.

6D?! You lucky bastard! Yeah, that'll help a lot and I totally know what you mean about the 10 second timer. I have the 1000D and so I am pretty stuck with the timer.

If you'd like, I'd be honored to have you add me to facebook as a friend so I can keep more updated on your progress (that is if you do the failbook thing).

Check this thread out for what I did with the ten second timer and posing: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...s-having-trouble-one-trying-shoot-others.html
You could use wireless remote instead of a timer. I see one as cheap as $1.45 with free shipping. - wireless remote 1000d | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I never seem to have much luck with my wireless remote. It might just be a bad one (didn't spend much on it), but it seems to require very specific line of sight and a short distance. So hopefully the wifi on the 6D will solve that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back