Another trip to the zoo

Tolyk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, took a few more at my local zoo with the Pentax K20 and a borrowed 300mm F4 (all at ISO 100)

Swift Fox: 1/640, 4.0
swiftfox.jpg

Swan: 1/250, 5.6
swan.jpg

Falcon: 1/800, 5.6 (My favourite of the bunch)
bird.jpg

Wow the falcon came out really sharp! Nice stuff

My favourite is the swan. It says it's OK to edit your photos, so I hope you don't mind me playing with it a bit... I thought it would look great in B&W... Let me know if you want me to take it down.

swan.jpg

I don't think B&W makes it overly different :p It's already almost B&W anyways. But no, don't mind my photos being editted whatsoever :)

Did you sharpen as well?

Yeah, I sharpened and darkened a bit to bring out some detail. Now I think I sharpened too much.

Another fan of the swan shot :)
I agree with cleaning up the background to a pure black - but I don't know about the edit altering the white on the bird - though I would say both the yellowy natural white and the pure white of the edit work well with the shot

The edited swan photo, reduced to black, white, shapes and lines, is quite "invisible"-like, his love for the abstract, for the minimalistic approach to composition. The unedit photo is more natural. I like them both.

I'm not surprised you love the one of the falcon best. It is wonderful. Very sharp.
But the pink tongue of the fox pic is also cute, isn't it? Pity about the fence in the background, but well... in a zoo ... there are ... fences.

Thanks Overread, I'll try to darken the background up next time I'm editting :)

The edited swan photo, reduced to black, white, shapes and lines, is quite "invisible"-like, his love for the abstract, for the minimalistic approach to composition.
Guilty as charged :)

The three of them are really nice. The "expression" of the fox is priceless.

The edited swan photo, reduced to black, white, shapes and lines, is quite "invisible"-like, his love for the abstract, for the minimalistic approach to composition. The unedit photo is more natural. I like them both.

I'm not surprised you love the one of the falcon best. It is wonderful. Very sharp.
But the pink tongue of the fox pic is also cute, isn't it? Pity about the fence in the background, but well... in a zoo ... there are ... fences.
Thanks LaFoto :D And yeah, I like the fox's tongue as well :p

swan is my favorite, and i like the edit. do think its a little oversharpened but minus that its a great capture. I'm a fan of b&w though.

Awesome shots. I am a fan of the swan shot as well. Absolutely beautiful. I love the softness of the shot. If you don't mind me asking what lens did you use? The bird shot is cool too, It's a shame some of the eye was in shadow... kind of unavoidable in sunlight, I know. Great job, I'd love to see more.

Most reactions

Back