Another Unfortunate Deer(C&C welcome)

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this poor guy on the side of the highway ... I noticed him on the way home, but didn't want to get back out and shoot it, but I scolded myself for being a lazy bum, and got out and did it anyway. I'm glad I did.

He hadn't been gone for very long ... hours, maybe? His eye was still shiny, and there were no ants on him. Even though he was contorted he actually looked a little bit at peace to me ... calm, almost like he was posing.

At any rate, this one is not nearly as gruesome as the one I posted several weeks ago. There's no blood, except for a wound that is hidden on the other side of his body. He's just twisted up. So, I'm not going to hide it with a password or anything.

I tried with this one to apply some of the rules of composition I've been trying to learn from the old Renaissance masters. I won't reveal what I went for in the hope that if you see it, then maybe I got what I was trying for. So here's the image:

Attachments

• deer-35w-1.jpg
    deer-35w-1.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 151
Hieronymus Bosch

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hieronymus Bosch

Well I wasn't going after the style of any particular artist really ... More trying to apply rules of solid harmonious image-making

Hieronymus Bosch

Well I wasn't going after the style of any particular artist really ... More trying to apply rules of solid harmonious image-making
I know. You nailed it. Actually, I looked at your capture and thought Bosch immediately... I then read it and I was excited to reply.

Most reactions

Back