This was taken was a Casio point and shoot. I didn't have a D-SLR yet..
I like it - althout personally I'd crop it a bit tighter ; giving the dog more space in the photo. A square crop with the dog in the right corner *might* work good here - but don't lose the bucket!
There are many interesting details in the photo - the broken bucket, the old wooden fence and the flowers - all benefiting from the increased contrast and saturation - shame about the blownout highlights on the dog though...
Shooting pets can be tricky a times , but just judging from the progress you've made since your last photos - you've progressed fast
Two things to keep in mind in pet photography; make sure to be on their level and pay close attention to their eyes (in focus and with a glint in them).
Well done Diana.