Another "which one?" thread...

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yes, we all hate 'which one?' threads, and we all hate flower pics too, so i thought i'd put them both together and see if I got banned or something.

actually, i just cant make up my mind which of these shots I like better, and would like some insight and critique on the conversions and which one you like better.

Shot 1:
Flash used: No
Focal length: 35.0mm
Exposure time: 1/250
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO equiv.: 400

whitebloom2-sm.jpg

Shot 2:
Flash used: No
Focal length: 35.0mm
Exposure time: (1/400)
Aperture: NA
ISO equiv.: 400

whitebloom-sm.jpg

try to ignore the odd sharpness of the first one, it was a sharpening mishap due to an image quality change.

thanks for any C&C!

i definitely prefer the first. texture, tones and crop work much better for me.

now where is that ban button...hmmmmmm. ;)

i agree with jonmikal. The first one seems more appealing to me

i think so too, although i might like the second one better if the petals werent cropped off and it had a black border too. i might see if i can change that. thanks for the comments you guys!

I think I am going to go a little against the grain here. Both are wonderful, and I had a hard time deciding, but I think I like number 2 better, simply because you can see the stem and then it just 'disappears'. Another few thigns I prefer is the tone/hue (not exactly sure what word I mean), and how the centre is so much more apparent. As you already mentioned, I wish all the ends of the petals were included but hey, can't have everything.

umm the first and last look exactly the same to me, jus reversed. the second has the problem that it appears very cramped in its black square. but that could just be because it's on a white background. try viewing it in a gray one or making a print and checking that out..

as a conclusion i actually like the very first best because it fades out into the edges.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back