Anti Virus programs

DxAxN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was curious what paid or free version Anti virus programs people are using.

I am using a paid version of AVG but my subscription ends in a couple of days. Deciding if I want to renew with them or maybe try out another. It seems to have done its job so I should probably just stick with it.

But any ways... what are you guys using?

I've tried many anti virus programs, and ended up using the free Microsoft Security Essentials. It's just a simple, very fast AV, with none of that fancy features other companies try to convince you that you need. I've been using it for the past 2 years or so, and have no problems with any viruses. If you want a more complex solution, my advice would be ESET NOD32, or Symantec Norton Antivirus which has lately become a really good piece of software.

I use webroot. The best I have seen. The other always slow down my puter much. This one saved me a lot from bad virus. The customer service is good too!

Microsoft Security Essentials, surprised me as being rather good. I'm now recommending to anyone in search of an AV. I used to use AVG constantly, but it has gone downhill recently.

I didn't know MSE was so popular. At the beginning people wouldn't believe an AV program from Microsoft would be actually good. But it is. Not only fast, but also scores very high in various tests, such as the av-comparatives.org

Before switching to Linux, I used AVG and F-Secure. I liked them both, but AVG seemed to run a little faster.

I don't use anything now...

Another huge supporter of Microsoft Security Essentials. Because it's first party, it integrates extremely well into the OS, and it's very complete and lightweight. I have it on all 5 of my computers!

Malwarebytes and Clamwin are great if you want to control it yourself, for example, scan what you want, when you want it. It does't run in the background and take up memory.

Most reactions

Back