Antyhing better than Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT SLR for $800?

GrandMasterK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was suggested this camera awhile ago, I was going to get it for christmas but never did. I'm going to get it at the end of Febuary. However I'm wondering if now after christmas (with things going cheaper), if there's anything I could get that would out do this guy?

In that same price range is the Nikon D50. Take your pick, they are very similar and both very good entry level DSLR cameras.

I'll just stick with the one that was suggested to me then. However, there seems to be quite alot of "CompactFlash" memory cards but there seems to be different types. Can I use any type of CompactFlash card with the camera? Whatever I get I want to get two 2GB cards, because this field recorder I want to get apparently uses the same thing, if my question goes right.

I've seen Elite Pro CompactFlash and Ultra CompactFlash and Ultra II CompactFlash and I'm not sure if they all work with the camera or if I'm stuck to a specific kind.

Thanks

They all work in your camera.

The difference is just the read and write speeds.

When you're taking pics from the card, it will be faster. And there won't be as much of a wait in between taking pics either.

Really there's no difference. I just grabbed a 1gig card for real cheap the other day.

350+ pictures at the largest size.

bace said:
They all work in your camera.

The difference is just the read and write speeds.

When you're taking pics from the card, it will be faster. And there won't be as much of a wait in between taking pics either.

Really there's no difference. I just grabbed a 1gig card for real cheap the other day.

350+ pictures at the largest size.

That's 350 pictures for the largest jpeg. That's not RAW. Raw pics will give you about 125-150 for a 1GB. (that's for the 300D, the rebel XT may be slightly different..I do not know)

they are very similar i have a d50 and love it but i know people who have a 350d and love it so its a personal choice

Most reactions

Back