Any Advice

As mentioned above the manual is a huge help. I got a good base knowledge reading the Digital Photography 1,2 and 3 books by Scott Kelby. They gave me a good enough base to figure out where my weakest areas were and go from there. Amazon.com: Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3 (9780321678737): Scott Kelby: Books

Also another really good one is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. This is an excellent one that is super easy to understand how exposure works and what you need to do to achieve properly exposed shots. Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera (9780817439392): Bryan Peterson: BooksBetween these two books I have a good basic knowledge. I now know how to ask for help where as before I didnt know what I was trying to ask.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Also another really good one is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. This is an excellent one that is super easy to understand how exposure works and what you need to do to achieve properly exposed shots. Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera (9780817439392): Bryan Peterson: BooksBetween these two books I have a good basic knowledge. I now know how to ask for help where as before I didnt know what I was trying to ask.

Excellent book, bought it immediatly after getting my T3i last September. Great pictures, great presentation. Really gave me good insights on how the various parts of the triangle work together.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought used so maybe that isvthe reason but all that came is a basic instruction manual. But think you for the link

... and thank you everyone for the recommendations

Read the Manual

It told me nothing of the Bracketing features that I had look elsewhere to discover that it had, never mentioned Av Tv and M modes. Had I of not been doing lots of reading before I received it I would be totally clueless. So for now I'm gonna check out the sites you guys suggested. Thanks!!

Also only 83 pages are in English the rest is in Freaking Spanish and French. So where I thought it was a big Manuel, it was actually not much bigger then the one they included with my P&S
Sounds like what you read wasn't the user's manual, or what Canon calls the Instruction Manual.

The online manual (in English) is 286 pages. - You can look at it here - http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300004730/01/eosrt3-eos1100d-im-en.pdf

Info on Av, Tv, M, bracketing and other topics are in Section 4 - Advanced Shooting - that starts on page 91.

Yeah I would have been really surprised if this info was not at least touched upon in a dslr user guide. There will probably be only a couple of things in there that you will actually learn from but you might need to reference it later. I have had my dslr for 3 years now and had to break out my guide earlier this week to check on a couple of facts when attaching new equipment to my motor. The thing comes in more handy then you would think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back