Any Feedback on the Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Mcro Zm?

Termin8r27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
termin8r27.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody use or read up on this lense? For my budget it definitely could work - I know it's not going to be as good as a Canon 70-300, but for $599 new, and the reviews/samples, it looks like it performs pretty darned well.

Thanks!

While you're looking at this, consider the new sigma 18-250mm

While you're looking at this, consider the new sigma 18-250mm

Agreed, I have the Nikon version and LOVE it!

You get what you pay for.

I have had 2 Nikon 18-200VR lenses and a Nikon 70-300VR and although they were both nice lenses I personally prefer the Sigma 18-250, it's a kick butt all in one walk around lens that does a great job.

You get what you pay for.

Totally agree with you. I'm borrowing my mother's 70-200 2.8 IS and it's amazing - but I won't be spending $1,600 like this anytime in the next year.

I went ahead and ordered the Tamron and can update this with my thoughts on the lense. I got a good deal, $499 brand new and the reviews seem pretty solid for the price and performance.

Thanks!

Good luck with it! I look forward to seeing images. I love my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. I just miss having an ultrasonic focus motor.

Here's some shots I took real quick after the new lens arrived. =) Not the greatest, I work from home...but stepped out front of the house and got 3 different ranges. All shot with partly cloudy skys, auto focus and on my mother's 20D.

I have to say, despite the little I've played with it so far, I'm impressed.

1. Available sign is about 25yards away
2. Meter and Construction sign are about 100yards away
3. Back of stop sign and light pole are about 200yards away

Canon 70-200 lens:
Termin8r27 : photos : Canon 70-200

Tamron 18-270 lens:
Termin8r27 : photos : Tamron 18-270

Does it seem to focus rapidly? How noisy is it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back