Any idea when LR4 will support RAW's from the 5DIII?

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For you folks that have been using LR for awhile and have gone through new camera launches, how long does it typically take Adobe to release support for new RAW formats?

Can you not use the disk that the camera came with to convert the files to dng or some standrad format LR4 can read?

Congrats on the new cam, how do you like it?

Can you not use the disk that the camera came with to convert the files to dng or some standrad format LR4 can read?

Congrats on the new cam, how do you like it?

Yeah I could use DPP to save them as TIFF and then bring them into LR. I also just saw some info about Adobe's latest DNG convertor beta will support the 5D3, so I think, for now, I'll use that to convert them to DNG and import those into LR. That's probably the best solution to hold me over until LR fully supports the 5D3's RAW's.

And I love it! Going from a gripped 50D, which has a 3-4 year old menuing system, to a non-gripped 5D3 and it's brand new menu's is quite a learning curve. I haven't shot with a non-gripped DSLR in a couple years so even that alone felt awkward at first (and still does). I did 2 studio shoots over the weekend and got a few hundred shots in, and I also took my kids to the Lego fest which was at the Cincinnati Convention Center this weekend. The lighting was of course pretty poor so it was a great way to get some real world high ISO testing in, and I'm thoroughly impressed (although keep in mind that I'm coming from a 50D and I don't like going above ISO 1600).

Here's a link to a full size ISO5000 JPG straight out of the camera if you're interested. http://sdrv.ms/GTcb56

Althought DPP into TIFF should be the best option for preserving original image quality, TIFF files are a LOT larger than RAW.

Most reactions

Back